Jim Beloff (Flea Market Music) Needs Your Help.

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Those of you who have watched Aldrine's NAMM 2012 interview with Jim Beloff of Flea Market Music already know this, but for those of you who haven't seen the video, Jim is asking people to send him song suggestions for The Daily Ukulele Vol. II, The Leap Year Edition (366 songs!), the followup to FMM's popular The Daily Ukulele. Information on what Jim is looking for and how to submit song suggestions to Jim is in this video.

Great idea! Says we have til the end of February to get our requests/suggestions in.

What I like about the Daily Uke is that there is so much variety, from traditional, old timey, and pop stuff. Hope the new edition will carry a similar balance in material.

But what I really, REALLY want is a sequel to the "Lute to Uke" book. Jim was right in saying there's not that much out there for classical, but this book was outstanding and there is so much more stuff to be transcribed. Tony Mizen did an excellent job on it and I'd like to see more. :)

Wow, I could listen to that guy talk ukes all day... Jim's awesome.

Our club, Scottsdale Strummers, uses the Daily ukulele on a regular basis. I like 20's and 3's music plus folk music. I'd like to see a folk edition.
Pat McInnis

Thanks for the link!

I emailed 3 song suggestions to him yesterday - one being "Summer Song", and the second is my favorite Ross Bagdasarian song, which translates very nicely to Uke.

Most of you are familiar with the vocal group that got credit for the initial recording - Alvin and the Chipmunks. The song is "Witch Doctor".

-Kurt​

Our club, Scottsdale Strummers, uses the Daily ukulele on a regular basis. I like 20's and 3's music plus folk music. I'd like to see a folk edition.
Pat McInnis

This is a great opportunity for ukulele clubs (like mine) to shape their next songbook. I don't know if Jim even knows about this thread, so you should email him at jim@fleamarketmusic.com with specific folk songs you'd like to see in Daily Ukulele II as well as your suggestion of an all-folk songbook.

Jim is class act. Here is a video of him at the Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach the night before Aldrine interviewed him. I was fortunate to have been on vacation to see him there at their club meeting.

:stop: AAaaarrgghhh...Jim!!! Give me my shirt back!!!!!!!

Great interview..funny...Aldrine asked a question in the first 10 seconds and then Jim just talked for 10 minutes...he he...that's Jim, captain Enthusiasm!!! He's awesome :) and what an inspiration.

Had a ukulele club gettogether tonight at the local music shop, and the shop's ukulele guy said the new Daily Ukulele will be available some time next month!

Had a ukulele club gettogether tonight at the local music shop, and the shop's ukulele guy said the new Daily Ukulele will be available some time next month!

I recently received a catalog from Flea Market Music that said the same thing. I believe FMM is targeting the "What do I get my ukulele-playing significant other/friend/relative for Christmas or Chanukah" market.

I wanted to know the chords to Jim's own song "Where Did the Summer Go" to play at tomorrow night's SJUC meeting and I couldn't find them anywhere, so I emailed him and he graciously sent me a rough song sheet, saying that the song will be in his next music book. Kudos to Mr. Beloff!

I will buy the new edition in a heartbeat. So much good stuff in the first. :)

If you contact Beth Dee at Flea Market Music, you can get placed on the pre-order list to get a copy hot off the presses. The book is scheduled to be released next month. Here is the contact in: sales@fleamarketmusic.com or (800)459-5558

I will buy the new edition in a heartbeat. So much good stuff in the first. :)

Ditto that. Hoping to grab one at TBUG. It's such a great resource.

If you contact Beth Dee at Flea Market Music, you can get placed on the pre-order list to get a copy hot off the presses. The book is scheduled to be released next month. Here is the contact in: sales@fleamarketmusic.com or (800)459-5558

I just spoke to Beth and got on the list. She says Jim expects to release the book end of October, and has a list price of $34.95 so far. Says it's 400-some pages.

Glad to hear this, it'll give me something to do, learn more songs and continue with my daily postings!

I just spoke to Beth and got on the list. She says Jim expects to release the book end of October, and has a list price of $34.95 so far. Says it's 400-some pages.

Hope I can get hold of a copy...time to start saving my pennies!

Top Bottom