Painted Flea

Canoe Lady

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
This started out as a flea I bought from a fellow UU member to use as a campfire uke (bug spray and a Hawaiian uke don't go well together). My friend Sue does a decent job with a brush and paints, so I gave the flea to her to paint a few months ago. She struggled with what to do with it for a while.

Well, this weekend, we are hanging out together in a big house with a bunch of women who are crafting, and she decided to paint it similar to a photo I had taken a few years ago of a Lake Superior sunrise...one of my all time favs.

She finished it this evening, so we just strung it up. I will try and get some better pics tomorrow in the daylight. I love it!

aflea.jpg

so beautiful, wow D...

a 'decent' job with a brush and paints?..sheesh...you'll get a reputation for making understatements if you're not careful mate...he he :)

Pretty cool.

Wow, nice Flea! Its just begging for some Ko'olau Gold strings though, just a thought.

Wow! It's finished and it looks absolutely amazing! Totally worth the wait!! I hope you love playing it.. it is gorgeous! The gold strings would be pretty cool on it.. Have fun and thanks for sharing!!

It is fabulous! And how cool that it is from a photo that you took. I think that personalizes it all the more. Your friend did such a good job, you can, the ripples in the water, so realistic. Thank you for posting it. I had been wondering how it turned out.

Hello Canoe Lady,
That is very nice indeed. We don't need Palm trees whenever we pine for Pine trees. HaHa!! Congratulations. And no bugs in your neck of the woods this morning.
Regards
1931jim

This is stunning! I think we need a gallery here on the Underground just to showcase all the amazing things people have done to personalize their ukes, especially Fleas and Flukes! Thank you for sharing this with all of us. Makes me even more excited about the Flea I have coming in this week.

Nix

so beautiful, wow D...

a 'decent' job with a brush and paints?..sheesh...you'll get a reputation for making understatements if you're not careful mate...he he :)

wonder if was that famous down under uker's previous baby .....he he
Wow D,
It looks awesome...maybe I should do it to mine too...Your friend is good..:) D
You know the bridge looks really like your boat dock...not sure it that was intentional.. but a real happy surprise...

Last edited:
wonder if was that famous down under uker's previous baby .....he he
Wow D,
It looks awesome...maybe I should do it to mine too...Your friend is good..:) D
You know the bridge looks really like your boat dock...not sure it that was intentional.. but a real happy surprise...

Hey Stan, I got this from Roxhum.
My friend really does a great job with paints. She thinks the bridge looks like our swim raft...you guys think alike :)

Top Bottom