My first arrangement/rendition: Fly Me To The Moon

smellofstrings

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is William. I'm from Hong Kong, new to this forum!

I love playing guitars and recently fall in love with ukuleles! Last month I bought my first serious uke. Then I started figuring out how to play chord melody on it and yesterday I finally recorded my first performance. This is my first arrangement and I really want some feedback. Does it sound strange? Which parts should be refined? Thank you for all of your comment in advance! :eek:

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5Oz4hFp_Gk

That was cool!

Looking forward to more.

Aloha SOS,
That was very nicely done. Keep on keeping on...................................BO..........................

Welcome to the forum, William. Excellent rendition. Video & audio quality are great. Well lit and nicely framed.

Are you using a guitar footstool? I use one on the other foot and end up holding the uke more like a classical guitar. Eventually I hope to not need the footstool at all and be able to hold the uke like in this photo:
20080412_jake_shimabukuro.JPG

I don't think there's technically a right or wrong angle in which to hold the uke, but you may want to try mimicking the pros just to see how it feels.

Welcome to the forum, William. Excellent rendition. Video & audio quality are great. Well lit and nicely framed.

Are you using a guitar footstool? I use one on the other foot and end up holding the uke more like a classical guitar. Eventually I hope to not need the footstool at all and be able to hold the uke like in this photo:
20080412_jake_shimabukuro.JPG

I don't think there's technically a right or wrong angle in which to hold the uke, but you may want to try mimicking the pros just to see how it feels.

Hi, thanks for your comment!

No, I wasn't using a footstool. I was sitting on my bed, with my right thigh slightly raised up. I've been playing for three months and I still can't hold the uke with the right arm like many of you do. And because I play guitar, I feel more comfortable to place the uke on my thigh. Actually I do treat it as a guitar because it's easier for me to learn and practice. I have tried a "uke thong" and that works very well. Yet I worry that the hook of the uke thong may damage my uke so I don't want to use it.

Thanks for all of your comment! That's so encouraging! I'm practicing my next arrangement! Stay tune! Happy strumming!:)

wow!!! You play the uke better than most of us who've been playing for years William. Not sure anything needs refining. You play wonderfully well and the arrangement was superb. Looking forward to more! AWESOME!!!! :)

wow!!! You play the uke better than most of us who've been playing for years William. Not sure anything needs refining. You play wonderfully well and the arrangement was superb. Looking forward to more! AWESOME!!!! :)

WoW!!! Is that you Eugene ukulele on YouTube? So glad that you appreciate it! I'm your subscriber and have watched most of your videos! You teach me so many nice old songs! I wish I can strum as good as you someday! I'm arranging my second cover tune and should be able to record it next weekend.

That was very nice, and not just for a "newbie"!

(Pardon me while I go out in the back yard and burn all of my stringed instruments...) :)

John

That was very nice, and not just for a "newbie"!

(Pardon me while I go out in the back yard and burn all of my stringed instruments...) :)

John

Hey John, thanks for your kind words. But I'm really a newbie to the uke world! Also I know very very little about the music thoeries... I just hope that I didn't use a wrong chord.

Don't burn them! I will come and collect:iwant:

Top Bottom