Aldine Guerrero Kanilea model

Howie1947

Reaction score
Anyone know if this is available for purchase? Don't see anything on Kanilea website. Interested in buying myself one.

Just email or call Kanile'a. I'm sure they'll be happy to sell you one or to connect you with a dealer.

Yup, give 'em a call. I think the base price is $2.5k. Gilbert tuners extra. The first batch will be cut from the same "log" as the NAMM prototype. I wonder how big that log is and how similar the ukes will look.

that;s a lotta coin...

It was a beauty. Got to try it out at NAMM. The headstock is redesigned and slightly longer now versus the original which I thought was too short anyways. Everything looks better to scale now.

There is a disturbance in the force when I think $2500 for an instrument is a good deal. Beautiful uke with a connection to the man who got me started on this instrument.

first impressions and i did'nt like the rosette but after watching the Kanile'a NAMM interview a couple of times it is starting to grow on me, though i will probably never, ever own one, now the K4 curly koa, WOW! that is what i want, saving has begun.................

Holy cow, that is some beautiful ukulele! I'd take out insurance on that baby, it cost three times as much as my Chinese scooter!

Wow, that's a beauty. My jury is still out on the rosette though. Happy to see Aldrine getting his overdue recognition. 2.5K really isn't that much considering others out there. This is the top of my wishlist..............BO.............

A few interesting factoids! :D

The design of the ukulele is a collaboration between Joe Souza, Kanile'a, and I.
Every since the first custom uke that I got from them, we've been tweaking out the ukulele.
From top to bottom, this is by far an ukulele that I'm proud to attach my name to.
I designed the inlays myself. The old inlay was designed by Bradford Baris and always confused people so we decided to redo it.
The design for the ukulele is a combination of artists' ukulele that have inspired me in the past.
Jake Shimabukuro's classical slotted headstock (straight Martin style) and the wide rosette just like Troy Fernandez.
The rest of the uke is to my aesthetics. I don't like bling or sparkly things so I kept it really nice and classy. No abalone or whatever else that would be too flashy showy.
The neck profile is as perfect as I can possibly imagine. It plays fast and comfortable.
Log 50 is really choice. The grain patterns and tone quality are really top notch. Kanile'a uses some AMAZING wood, and this log is no exception.
SAME ACTIVE PICKUP. That's right. Same exact pickup that I use on stage, recordings, UU videos, etc.
Other than using a DI, I don't really use any effects on my ukulele, meaning that the pickup on this is THAT good.

I'll answer any other questions you guys may have about it. I'm really proud of what we created and I stand beside it.
:3

-Aldrine

I'll answer any other questions you guys may have about it. I'm really proud of what we created and I stand beside it.
:3

-Aldrine

Do you personally test every one before it leaves the factory like Jake does with his Kamaka run and Herb Ota Jr does with his KoAloha run?

Congrats to Aldrine for the signature ukulele. Like said before, overdue recognition to someone who gives to much to the ukulele. I'm sure many people will want to buy one.
Long live the Kanile'a Aldrine model! :)

Do you personally test every one before it leaves the factory like Jake does with his Kamaka run and Herb Ota Jr does with his KoAloha run?

I did for the first couple. But to be honest, I don't have nearly as good of an ear as Bill Griffin does. He knows exactly what I'm looking for and how to achieve it. So he's in charge for the final set ups and balancing.

Don't listen to the haters on that maple rosette. That is one beautiful uke! The price is reasonable for what you get. You can certainly pay more and get less if you want.

Haters be hatin'. :D

Anyone want a stunning uke with dead balls on accurate intonation up the fretboard (which even my bog standard k1 has), with a fast satin neck, gorgeous headstock, stunning wood, with that bonus of the stamp of approval of Mr. UU himself? Here's your K-uke right here!

Oh I got it wrong with the rosette, I thought it was made from the beach sand. But now I know it is made by honoring one of my favorite uke heroes, Troy Fernandez, and I start loving it more.

Hola Aldrine .Thinking with my collectors head on -
1) How many will ukes will you be able to make from the log?
2) Is each uke going to be individually numbered?

Top Bottom