What is the best type of ukulele case?

• Ameritage Gold Case

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Ameritage Silver Case

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kamoa Fiberglass Case

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
Gee Kyle, wish I had some experience with these cases to be able to give a helpful comment. These are the top of the top of the line mate and each one would be wonderful and not sure you could really make a wrong choice here...when you get into this league it seems to me you're possibly going to be taking aesthetic considerations into account as much as anything. There are a number of members here who own such cases so I'll be interested to hear what they have to say on their respective merits too.

I'll admit it. I buy lower cost hard cases (Oscar Schmidt, Musicians Gear, Uke Crazy, no name).
They do the job well if you're not too rough with them, and that leaves you more $$ for ukes. :)

I have two Amertage gold cases that I purchased at a discounted price that I like very much. I briefly owned an Ameritage Silver series case which was great too. The silver series cases do not have the hygrometer or the humidification units that the gold series do. But I also use the Oasis in uke humidifiers in them as well. The only down side to the Ameritage cases that I can speak of is their weight. They are heavy, but offer great protection with classic styling, and a decent size storage compartment inside.

Wickedwahine11 started a great thread comparing these cases a little while back. You can do a search to come up with it.

I have two Amertage gold cases that I purchased at a discounted price that I like very much. I briefly owned an Ameritage Silver series case which was great too. The silver series cases do not have the hygrometer or the humidification units that the gold series do. But I also use the Oasis in uke humidifiers in them as well. The only down side to the Ameritage cases that I can speak of is their weight. They are heavy, but offer great protection with classic styling, and a decent size storage compartment inside.

Wickedwahine11 started a great thread comparing these cases a little while back. You can do a search to come up with it.

Thanks,
Your reply and that thread answered a lot of my questions. I really appreciate it.

~Kyle

Top Bottom