This ukulele will never be played again...

ukuraleigh

Reaction score
428221_10150620915406140_528546139_11486198_1040460225_n.jpg

Just back from Jake Shimabukuro's concert in Clayton, NC and it was outstanding--as you would expect! Loved the new songs: Less Cowbell, More Ukulele; Ukulele Five-O; and his rendition of Journey's Don't Stop Believing.

Last year's concert was highlighted by Jake's birthday shout out to my wife. This year's highlight was a) him remembering us & b) signing the above ukulele for me.

I admit this post is pretty self-serving, but if you love uke--and love Jake--you know that I couldn't keep this to myself! :)

Thanks for indulging me!

Hey, that's cool! Going to put some lacquer or something over it?
Does he get a lot of these requests (autograph my uke!) at the show?

He's coming to San Diego in Feb.. I'll find a way to get there.

Hey, that's cool! Going to put some lacquer or something over it?
Does he get a lot of these requests (autograph my uke!) at the show?

He's coming to San Diego in Feb.. I'll find a way to get there.

There was a long line after the show. Either head to the lobby as quickly as you can, or be prepared to wait for as long as 45 minutes.

Spray it and play it.

Nah, this is a laminate that I bought for the purpose of having Jake sign it. ;)

I love it. I'm gonna have him sign my Kala, and play the heck out of it...

He writes in a beautiful hand--you can hang that on the wall and enjoy it. What a naturally nice guy Jake is, the shout out to your wife was very thoughtful.

He writes in a beautiful hand--you can hang that on the wall and enjoy it. What a naturally nice guy Jake is, the shout out to your wife was very thoughtful.

For a guy that is repeatedly told what a musical genius he is, he is one of the nicest, and most approachable people I've ever met. He's the perfect ambassador for the ukulele!

I went to the show in Newton-Conover, and watched Jake sign multiple ukuleles. Signed ukes ranged from inexpensive to a Sceptre, and all those in between.

Yay for you!

I went to the show in Newton-Conover, and watched Jake sign multiple ukuleles. Signed ukes ranged from inexpensive to a Sceptre, and all those in between.

that was me with the sceptre! i had him sign it on the right side of the body. great show! i'm going to start a thread to get people's feedback on that concert. fun, fun, fun!!

BTW, 3snails4holes I'm totally stealing your signature text for a Facebook post. Love the Hawaiian pidgin!

Now you must practice - a LOT! Jake will always be watching.

i've been playing for about 2 years but now i've signed up for uu+. i'm starting with uuu101 and progressing from there. granted, so far i've already learned the 101 stuff, but it's good to review foundational uke material. i'm looking forward to the 102, 103 & other goodies in there.

it was interesting watching jake on stage with my own uke so nearby. i thought, "hmmm... same instrument. same number of strings. same number of fingers. now, why can i sound like that...?" i think the answer lies in about 10,000 hours of training & passion. i'm on my way. :)

BTW, 3snails4holes I'm totally stealing your signature text for a Facebook post. Love the Hawaiian pidgin!

http://www.pidginbible.org/Concindex.html

there! now you can choose just about any verse you want. i really enjoy this Bible. it's a very refreshing way to read scripture. have fun!

It was a great evening. There's not a bad seat in the Clayton Center ... if you can GET one! We got the last two seats that were together when we reserved.

Doug

It was a great evening. There's not a bad seat in the Clayton Center ... if you can GET one! We got the last two seats that were together when we reserved.

And standing room only wasn't too shabby. Even Jake cracked up when preparing to play "Hallelujah" and someone standing in the balcony shouted out, "Don't make me cry!"

Congrats. I also have a laminate uke that Jake signed - specifically so that it could be a wall hanger.

Top Bottom