One Year of Uke-ing!

Maiyah888

Reaction score
Wow, I've been so busy that I just noticed that January 24, 2012 was my one year ukulele anniversary.

Exactly one year ago on that day, my Makala Dolphin Orangeburst Soprano arrived from Music Guy Mic!

Now, 12 months later I'm:

* working on my James Hill Ukulele Initiative Level 1 Certification

* teaching ukulele to kids on Tues and Thurs every week

* teaching ukulele to homeless moms twice a month

* giving ukuleles to lower-income kids and moms who complete our program requirements (2 thus far!)

* teaching ukulele every Saturday to an intergenerational United Methodist Church group which we've named the Uke-a-rist Ministry (our first performance will be the last Sunday in February. We'll be doing He's Got the Whole World in His Hands, KumBaYa and Aloha Oe).

My oldest student is 86! My youngest student is 5!

I'm so very grateful to UkuleleUnderground, that UkuleleMike MusicTeacher on YouTube, James Hill, Uke Republic, Music Guy Mic and locally the Academy of Music, Park Place Child Life Center, Resurrection United Methodist Church and especially the ukulele itself for completely transforming my life through sharing music!

* kind of bemused by all this! *

Thank you Ukulele Underground Peeps for providing inspiration and information over the past 12 months!

Oh, and all this plus teaching yoga and Pilates and qi gong are the reasons why I haven't been on Ukulele Underground very often since September.

But I still love you guys!

Wow. that is quite great accomplishments.. DO you have an videos of your groups or yourself playing. i would love to hear.. After a year and a half I am still struggling to keep up most of the time.. Awesome for you!!!

Wow, you've accomplished a lot in one year! Praise God that He used your new found talent to minister to others!

working on my James Hill Ukulele Initiative Level 1 Certification

I wish they would do something like this in the UK, that would be a challenge

You are such a positive person and focused person and it shows while reading your progress! Thank you Maiyah for doing what you do with ukulele.
Wow, I've been so busy that I just noticed that January 24, 2012 was my one year ukulele anniversary.

Exactly one year ago on that day, my Makala Dolphin Orangeburst Soprano arrived from Music Guy Mic!

Now, 12 months later I'm:

* working on my James Hill Ukulele Initiative Level 1 Certification

* teaching ukulele to kids on Tues and Thurs every week

* teaching ukulele to homeless moms twice a month

* giving ukuleles to lower-income kids and moms who complete our program requirements (2 thus far!)

* teaching ukulele every Saturday to an intergenerational United Methodist Church group which we've named the Uke-a-rist Ministry (our first performance will be the last Sunday in February. We'll be doing He's Got the Whole World in His Hands, KumBaYa and Aloha Oe).

My oldest student is 86! My youngest student is 5!

I'm so very grateful to UkuleleUnderground, that UkuleleMike MusicTeacher on YouTube, James Hill, Uke Republic, Music Guy Mic and locally the Academy of Music, Park Place Child Life Center, Resurrection United Methodist Church and especially the ukulele itself for completely transforming my life through sharing music!

* kind of bemused by all this! *

Thank you Ukulele Underground Peeps for providing inspiration and information over the past 12 months!

Wow. that is quite great accomplishments.. DO you have an videos of your groups or yourself playing. i would love to hear.. After a year and a half I am still struggling to keep up most of the time.. Awesome for you!!!

For comparison's sake, I'll try to link to one from last year and the one I did last week.

Waiting for Upload to Youtube!

wow and congrats on your first year ukulele anniversary...holy smokes..you have accomplished so much within
a year..Happy Strummings..

-------------------------------------

Alicia Keys' No One (recorded last week)

http://youtu.be/yMNocy0PyXg

Last edited:
Top Bottom