jake shimabukuro signing a sceptre in newton, north carolina

3nails4holes

Reaction score
this was the first concert for me & my wife to see jake. we enjoyed it tremendously! he's a wonderful performer!

it took a while into the concert before i really thought about it--he's performing uke-apella. the whole time, just jake & his uke.

he did stuff off his new album & encored with a piece he's working on: "don't stop believing" a la glee + journey.

i'll try to post a vid of me meeting him afterwards. he was a very nice guy & signed my sceptre & a uu shirt. video & pic shot on wife's kin phone--so not stellar imaging, but it's a memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLbMLqhHkwc

just a word of advice: the newton-conover auditorium is a nice place to see a concert. but pay the extra $5 to sit on the lower level & your knees will thank you. if i were much taller, i would have damaged by knees, hip sockets or worse in those tight spacings.

it was cool to see all the ukes that people brought for him to sign! won't see that with a bunch of dreadnaughts at a rock concert.

Very cool! A great idea to capture that on video and I loved the way you edited it together!

thanks!

any other uu-ers go to that or any other jake concert recently? i chatted with one other uu-er for sure and some that i think may be on here from the raleigh area.

Top Bottom