"Summertime"

H

Hippie Dribble

1935. George Gershwin. from the opera 'Porgy and Bess'.

popular jazz standard considered among the finest of Gershwin's compositions and perhaps the most beautiful lullaby ever written in the Afro-American style.

Well, Eugenie may have been very nervous on her first outing but she shines here on vocal with yours truly on rhythm. Thanks for listening folks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMu9NCD7Eq8

:)

More, please...

Lovely tune, nicely done!

Thanks for sharing.

:eek:ld:

Great job guys, I loved it! Keep these them coming. I've been watching this for days, waiting for you to post it on UU. I also liked the other take that you took down where Eugenie giggled at the end.

Bill

you two are great, Eugenie has got a lovely voice and it suits the song perfectly, you Jon as always excellent performance, absolutely loved it, keep up the good work

Wow! One of my favorite songs from that era and Eugenie does a great job! (You do too but we've gotten pretty used to that around here! :) )

Keep 'em coming!

John

thanks so much Mark, Bill, John, Richard, John and Campbell.

Eugenie will be really appreciative of this when she reads it in the morning. I know she still feeling very self conscious about 'exposing' herself - for want of a better word - in this way...she thinks she butchers every song she sings and sounds like a try hard etc etc...all feelings I've had too. but you guys and your generous comments will i hope start to erode some of that self doubt. I think we're both trying to work towards a place where we're just enjoying the music - preserving it on film for posterity, and our children and all that for sure - but at heart, it's about enjoying the time together and the process which is what counts for us these days.

And, as we were just talking about today, you tube has many knockers, but really, it gives backyarders like all of us the opportunity to have a voice and find a place, and boost our self confidence by doing stuff like this. It was only 12 months ago I started my little channel and have been blown away by the generosity of people, the warmth and encouragment...to me this is what it's all about...a little bit of mutual back scratching just to help each other along and keep each other motivated, striving to do better, sharing music and stories and just feeling part of something a little bigger. It has been a huge thing in my life and I am very grateful for it. Just glad now that my lovely wife is going to join me on this road too, and feeling very blessed.

thanks fellas. Soapboxing over for now...he he :)

Wow. I am speechless. Excellent. I mean the playing and Eugenie sounds amazing but also Jon there was just an energy, I wish I could put it into words, a slow understated smoulder.

Aloha Eugene,
Just listened to the video this time again without the distraction from the video.. try and do that and Eugenie shines even more..not to forget mentioning you too.. Duncan family has the music genes..:shaka:

Yeah - what they said. Really, Jon- there's so much to love in this. I did like Stan and just listened the second time through and really love what I'm hearing. You sound wonderful together and Eugenie shouldn't feel that way AT ALL. Really top notch - I could listen to you guys all day. And some days, I do listen to you all day. :)

Not that we don't love you signing Jon, but keep your bride in front of the mike. She's got a sweet voice that complements your playing nicely. Thanks you two for sharing.

How about te whole family next !??!

Bill, Roxie, Stan, John and vf

Eugenie has read this and feels encouraged by you all. You're all awesome ++++ and all class. We reaslly appreciate it everyone. Stay tuned for some more old-timey jazz tunes from the early 2oth century with Eugenie out front.

Oh, and got a few fun songs in mind for the whole clan to do together vf...there's a few great ol folk tunes where we can all get involved and even throw a bit of drama in too!!!

I have to join in the kudos choir! Really beautiful - and it brings a bit of summer to these arctic shores where the centigrades are down to minus fifteen, and the raw, icy wind from the fjord tops it off...

Top Bottom