A little gem

That is a great find! Thanks for sharing.

Holy cow, gonna have to get that DVD. He's a great teacher as well as player, who knew? :)

John

I confirm, it is from his dvd Play It Loud.
perhaps a bit too advanced in certain techniques for a newbie like me, but still great!!!

Have any had the chance to watch the whole thing? I watched the first 5 min and have enough to work on for a month!

I don't know if I have enough years left to practice these, never mind ever mastering. oh well. thanks

Great find! Definitely have more to work on... he is indeed a great teacher. Some of the clearest examples of right hand technique I've seen. As a converted guitarist, I still can't get the hang of index finger strokes. Practice, practice, practice, I guess.

Oh well, "Hi Thumb!"

Nice video, certainly plenty of things to practice for like, forever!

Triple stroke, now 1, 2, 3. Got it? Yep. Good. Now faster... Faster... Faster.... Faster... Faster!

Got it? :uhoh: LOL!

Great find. Yeah - that is Jake....probably about '04 or '05.

I bought this DVD from amazon--forgot about it and opened it up many months later. When I opened it from its shinkwrapped packaging, it was empty!!! So I had to buy it again :(. Then, I recently received the Gently Weeps CD for my bday. And the Gently Weeps track skips! AHHHH! I thought about bringing it up to Jake when I saw him in concert, as a joke, but decided he might actually think I was upset for real, so I just got him to sign my uke.

I confirm, it is from his dvd Play It Loud. perhaps a bit too advanced in certain techniques for a newbie like me, but still great!!!
Do you mean this DVD? Play Loud Ukulele (2009) 100 min. total, but much of that is concert footage. Reviews say it's geared for intermediate to advanced players. The last several minutes of this YouTube vid is an excerpt of Jake's tutorial for the Beatles' "Yesterday". If you want to learn that song, this DVD is worth the price just for the tutorial.

A couple of more gems. Audio quality is excellent for a live performance and camera angle is perfect for advanced players who want to get a clear shot of Jake's chording for these songs.

Watch out Jake, I know all your secrets! Now if I can only get the dreaded E chord down..........

that was breathtaking, way over my head but..... simply breathtaking

Do you mean this DVD? Play Loud Ukulele (2009) 100 min. total, but much of that is concert footage. Reviews say it's geared for intermediate to advanced players. The last several minutes of this YouTube vid is an excerpt of Jake's tutorial for the Beatles' "Yesterday". If you want to learn that song, this DVD is worth the price just for the tutorial.

Yep, that's the one I was referring to. Great dvd, but the tutorial still way out of my league, boohoo, I'm still not even at "intermediate level" :( But I'll get there hopefully one day!

I thought I heard rumours about a documentary with Jake S. featuring in it. Is it a doc about him? Or a doc with him in it? (did I miss a thread on that?)

Oh and thanks for the vids Drew, they're great!

Top Bottom