Applause tenor strings

UkeAholic

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows what strings come on the tenor 148 applause ukulele. (I need to know whats on there so I don't replace with the same thing) . What strings have you used that you like better, I am looking for something to make it louder and have a fuller sound. thanks UkeAholic

I have that uke. The stock strings are awful. They make virtually no sound at all. If you don't want to spend too much money and want okay sounding strings, Hilos are okay. I put Hilo set with wound C string, and it sounded okay, but the wound C was digging into the plastic bridge, so I took them off.

And now, I have aquilas on mine. It actually sounds like something now. It has decent projection, not quite up to Kanilea Tenor type projection, but it sounds good, and the tension on the strings feel way better than the stock strings.

If you are willing to spend 10-15 dollars on a set of strings, go with the aquilas. From experience, I can tell you that they sound amazing on that uke.

yeah aquilas are pretty bomb they came stock with my kanilea but yeah try both? i swtiched mine to hardtension worth CLears cause they sounded so much louder.. haha well to me. ill try to have a vid up with it

Top Bottom