Best Baritone Player?

FlyedPiper

Reaction score
Jake don't play the bari! And Charlie don't surf!!

Who's the best? Greg Bennett is the only guy that's impressed me yet...

Post your videos for my amusement...

Of course one's answers depends on individual tastes - but I really like Kimo Hussey. Alyssa sounds pretty darn good too :).

My vote goes to Benny Chong and Kimo Hussey as well.

Aloha Mark,
When you return to Honolulu, here's a big inside secret...visit Terry Brown Ukulele School.. he is Allysa's Ukulele mentor and she is his prized student...http://www.insiderpages.com/b/15240763595/terry-browns-ukulele-lessons-waipahu

Aloha Stan, and mahalo for the secret. Do you know if he'd give a lesson to someone who's just passing through and will only be able to take one or two classes? I'm probably going to be in Honolulu this July for the ukulele festival in Waikiki. and would love to take a class. By the way, I'm guessing that Terry is the "unko terry" Allysa thanks for the baritone Kamaka in the description of her "Classical Gas" video.

Aloha Stan, and mahalo for the secret. Do you know if he'd give a lesson to someone who's just passing through and will only be able to take one or two classes? I'm probably going to be in Honolulu this July for the ukulele festival in Waikiki. and would love to take a class. By the way, I'm guessing that Terry is the "unko terry" Allysa thanks for the baritone Kamaka in the description of her "Classical Gas" video.

Hey Mark, you're going to the festival? I'll be there again too.

Aloha Mark,
I'd give him a call in advance..I'm sure he does...yes I believe unko terry gave her that baritone..cool eh..

Aloha Stan. Thanks for the heads up. It would be cool to take ukulele lessons in Honolulu, and I know that Roy Sakuma will be kinda busy the week of his big Waikiki festival. I noticed that Allysa doesn't play that baritone in some of her videos, but she got herself a nice bari.

Hey Mark, you're going to the festival? I'll be there again too.

Hey, Gary. I'm going to try to go. I've already booked the vacation time at work. I watched part of the festival online last year and thought "What am I doing not being there?"

By the way, the group of which my Monday night ukulele class is a part, the Kapalakiko Hawaiian Music Workshop Band, is playing again at this year's Northern California Ukulele Festival in Hayward on Sunday April 1. You should come if you can. It's a fun festival and Kamaka has a booth there (Chris Kamaka plays there every year with his band, and he always borrows my ukulele instructor's stand-up bass).

Last edited:
can I vote for the bass player with Benny.,Byron Yasui I think, that guy is awesome. Benny is too.

I have always been partial to Kimo Hussey as I have worked with him many times, but Benny can tear it up too! Totally different styles... both masters.

Top Bottom