first recording with a ukulele part

revo11

Reaction score
Hey all,

Recorded my first new song using my ukulele for one of the parts (the ukulele part is pretty small though :)

It's kindof a collage-pop psychadelic-folk-electronic hybrid thing ... or something like that.

http://soundcloud.com/revo11/side-a

Thanks! I actually haven't heard all that much galaxie 500, but I do like bands that tend to get lumped in with them like Spacemen 3 and Low.

They weren't the revolution, but they had some really nice tunes.... here's one of my favorites....

Nice! Reminds me of Jesus and Mary Chain (Scottish band from the 80s)

It's probably my crappy headphones here in work, but the kick from the 1:30 sounds a bit over-compressed or something.

But overall, I really like the track, and the processing/harmonising on the vocals is great.

@23skidoo definitely hear the comparison...

@bongolele you can probably hear that JMC is one of the bands I grew up with. And you're exactly right about the screwed up compression. This was actually my first experiment writing a song on the OP-1, which is like a weird hybrid between a 4-track portastudio and a sampler-synth. It's a very crude way of recording- crappy mic, lots of bouncing, and only one compressor on the main output.

So the mix is all wrong and the production is really rough, but the fact that I had to give up on anally perfecting and overproducing things (which I do on the computer) was somehow liberating. That said, I may try one or two more mixing takes of this with slightly less extreme compression settings...

Top Bottom