Interested in purchasing a Koaloha Concert with crown bridge.

UkuleleAdventure

Reaction score
Instead of purchasing a custom ukulele I have decided to save my money, and just buy a production uke. I am interested in this ukulele if it has a very nice koa grain, and I am willing to spend more if it has a built in pickup.
Thanks,
Kyle

The regular concerts didn't ever have the crown bridge (to the best of my knowledge). The super concerts did though.

Yeah, I wanted one, too. But, they never made one. They used to make the super-concert with the crown bridge. Maybe you can find one of those. I ended up buying the regular Concert. I cared more about the ukulele than the look. The look is great, but the instrument is Fantastic!

PM Sent (10 character minimum for PM's ?)

Honestly a custom uke will cost about the same as a K-brand (in some cases) and will probably sound better....the one disadvantage is that you might have to wait on a build list.

(I say this as the owner of both a K-Brand and a Custom, and have played lots of examples of both. My custom is way more resonant and loud than my K-brand).

The Koaloha i'm talking about is worth no more than 1k dollars. A fully custom ukulele that is actually good would be 2k minimum. :eek:ld:

The Koaloha i'm talking about is worth no more than 1k dollars. A fully custom ukulele that is actually good would be 2k minimum. :eek:ld:

A basic Mya-Moe tenor would squeak in at about $1000. Best sounding instruments I've ever played, and my personal one was under $2k.
An MP ukulele tenor would be about $900.
A Boat Paddle would be in the same ballpark.

You were saying?

A basic Mya-Moe tenor would squeak in at about $1000. Best sounding instruments I've ever played, and my personal one was under $2k.

You were saying?

Points taken on both ends...some good customs exist under 2K but also the OP is certainly welcome to enjoy a KoAloha as many would argue they sound as good as some customs (even if not all). That being said folks, while you both have valid points, do not less this deteriorate into snark and sarcasm. Play nice please and just agree to disagree. Thank you.

You were saying?

As a point of information (and not to hijack the thread), Gordon at Mya-Moe is the first to admit that Mya-Moe ukuleles are not "fully" custom. They're wonderful ukuleles, but they're made-to-order, which is a somewhat different thing than fully custom. In this video, Gordon explains this difference better than I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Im3IJV1Do

You were saying?
If you feel the need to persuade me into buying a custom ukulele, and argue with me...you can keep wasting your time.:spam:

Top Bottom