Another day of customer service...or how to destroy a Pono. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGM

Reaction score
Here is a tongue and cheek yet serious video. Customer said uke was received in serious cracked condition but case and box showed no damage....upon receipt of return a careful inspection was made and due to stress cracks perfectly in line at the bottom bout right at the block edge it had to be done by an impact damage on the bare ukulele...maybe I am wrong but here's how I tested the damage in the case...and in which it was boxed with paper surrounding the case....well lol....see for yourself. Ha ha

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBnvi6eQYVY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my iPad

Low humidity maybe? Who knows.

Either way, that is a pretty sad little uke and it's good to know how well that case protects the it.

Auwe Bruddah,

Hey Brah, You was mad no.... test??? ha ha all dat and no damage until the end....and still wasn't da same.. couldn't be one of those luggage conveyer belts and the case would be jammed.
but then is would have damage on da box and case... or a stress crack from altitude pressure or cold in the luggage compartment of the plane...

My Kanilea made it from MGM to Charleston, from Charleston to Helsinki in the dead February, untouched by severe temp swings. Is that kind of crack even possible JUST from opening the case when it was still cold? You always have your scammers out there. If the buyer sees this post and is offended, let em be offended. As dad said to a customer that it was far past time to cut loose: You wanna good buy? Goodbye.

Wow, I'm glad the Pono I just bought from you guys arrived in perfect condition. :)

Sometimes it can be hard to believe what a customer tells you, but based on how hard it was for you to break the other side--you really had to smash it--I would be inclined to believe that the crack wasn't from a simply drop.

Top marks for sending the customer a replacement, regardless!

I wonder what those customers walking in the door were thinking when they say you wailling on that beautiful Pono.

I laughed heartily at the end of this video. Thanks. I had no idea that ukuleles were so hardy (that said, I assume not all drops are the same - some are worse than others).

I guess that anwers the question of how hard Acacia is. It reminded me of the old "El Kabong" comics on sunday morning.

I also noted that HMS is out of this model. Keep Mike out of the stockroom!

I do think that it's interesting that the kind of damage that was created in the test by forcefully "dropping" was much different than the damage that was reported.

So I wouldn't call the test conclusive.

But Kudos for replacing the uke. That's service!!!

Mike, you sure learned a bunch of new sales techniques at NAMM.
OK ... no more nasty cracks.

Mike - it's good to see you continue to get your strength back. :)

Jason

Ouch. As a possible future Pono owner that was painful to watch, but very very interesting.

Keep up the great (and entertaining) work!

The good news for many of us out of that video is that the cheap foam "hard shell" case actually seems to do a pretty good job of protecting the uke from physical damage during transport! When you tossed it about, it appears to have absorbed the impact well.

The bad news is that some perhaps a bit less than honest customer decided to get one over on you guys by inflicting the damage him/her-self. I'm sure that particular customer will remain on an "official" no-fly list at HMS for future shipments. Instant Karma's gonna get him!

And yo! MGM? What price would you sell the neck & fretboard from that now defunct uke?? A cigar-box uke could use it to at least get a bit more music out of the firewood stack!

Mahalo!

Last edited:
email me at the store or call if you want the neck and fretboard no problems....unless you tell me its cracked lol

It's a good thing Mike explained that vid - I thought it was a UPS training film... LOL

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom