PDA

View Full Version : Eleuke Strings... any favorites?

fitncrafty
01-31-2012, 04:56 AM
Hey all.. My eleuke is in dire need of a string change so I thought before I just plunk another set of aqulia's on it I'd ask:
Does anyone have any favorites besides aquilas? What do you like or dislike about different strings on the eleuke?
I don't think it matters but I have a K series tenor..
Thanks for any input...

ukulefty
02-09-2012, 12:58 AM
I was thinking about this the other day. Being a fully electric instrument, does string choice make much of a difference compared to an acoustic instrument where the difference can be like night and day?

My Eleuke is getting strung with Worth Medium Clears next, simply because that's what I have lying around...

fitncrafty
02-09-2012, 01:50 AM
I was thinking about this the other day. Being a fully electric instrument, does string choice make much of a difference compared to an acoustic instrument where the difference can be like night and day?

My Eleuke is getting strung with Worth Medium Clears next, simply because that's what I have lying around...

Let me know how you like the worth's. I would think it would make a difference because my sons electric guitars sound different with different strings... I am surprised more people haven't responded or maybe they just keep the aquilas on their eleukes..

ckellogg
02-09-2012, 02:29 AM
I have a Peanut, and put Martins on it. It's louder and brighter, I like it. I mostly play it with earbuds, occasionally with a super small Smokey amp. In other words, it's not hooked up to anything good.

Rubio MHS
02-09-2012, 09:39 AM
I know it's out of the ordinary, but I have steel strings on mine, and I love them. They're better for effects.

kissing
02-10-2012, 12:13 AM
My TOP choice on Eleuke are D'addario Pro-Artes.
They take out the brittle, treblyness out and give it a full, rounded, expressive sound.

Aquilas on Eleukes? Yuck!

kissing
02-10-2012, 12:14 AM
I know it's out of the ordinary, but I have steel strings on mine, and I love them. They're better for effects.

You may be damaging your uke in the long run, as it's not intended to take steel strings.

There are electric ukes that are designed for steel strings out there (such as Risa), and they're absolutely lovely.

Lalz
02-19-2012, 03:47 PM
My TOP choice on Eleuke are D'addario Pro-Artes.
They take out the brittle, treblyness out and give it a full, rounded, expressive sound.

Aquilas on Eleukes? Yuck!

Do you know of any equivalent strings for soprano that would sound good on eleukes? (Peanuts for instance)
It seems D'addario only make the Pro Artes for concert or tenor size ukes.

kissing
02-20-2012, 01:30 AM
You can use the Concert strings on a Soprano, no problems

elisdad
02-20-2012, 01:41 AM
I use Martin Flourocarbons on my Eleuke. I tend to switch most of my ukes to flourocarbons as I change out strings. I don't care for the feel of the Aquilas.

kissing
02-20-2012, 02:11 AM
I use Martin Flourocarbons on my Eleuke. I tend to switch most of my ukes to flourocarbons as I change out strings. I don't care for the feel of the Aquilas.

Good call. I haven't tried Martin Fluorocarbons on an Eleuke yet, but they really bring out the mellow warmth on my acoustic sopranos