New Uke Day

MadMatt

Reaction score
As mentioned in another thread I sent the Ortega back and pulled the trigger on a Kanile'a K1 Tenor Deluxe.

It is simply beautiful and the 4 chords I can play all sound great with it :)

As a beginner I find it easier to learn when I have the peace of mind that when it does not sound good... it's definitely not the instruments fault :)

Here a few pictures:

IMG_0821.jpgIMG_0822.jpgIMG_0823.jpgIMG_0824.jpgIMG_0826.jpg

Congrats on the new uke, you won't be needing to upgrade from that! Now you can go join the Kanile'a Club here on UU. :) I have a deluxe too, it takes my breath away. They are really superb ukes.

A big congrats to you, MadMatt. And a very nice choice. My first nice uke that I bought was a Kanilea deluxe superconcert from MGM. I had been playing for only four months and it was HUGE upgrade from the POS Applause soprano that I had been learning on. I named her Genesis (Jenny), because she started it all (the uke bug and UAS). I still have it and it sounds as sweet as ever.

You will have that uke for a long, long time.

Congratulations! That's the kind of ukulele some of us can only dream of...

Aloha MM,
Maybe it was meant to be...Congratulations... nice... Now the wait...did Music Guy Mike Help you get it... Happy Strummings..

Bravo! You'll never second-guess buying this beauty, and after you've had it for years (which you will!) it will seem more and more an excellent long-term investment. So you'll feel smarter as you get to be a better player---win-win!

Beautiful! With an uke like that you won't be able to keep your hands off it--so I see lots of new chords in your future. ;)

Thanks again everyone.I know I will have this one for a very long time... And if I can get my Daughter hook, she too :)

Just to clear up a few misunderstandings... I actually purchased this used from a Uke player who hsas migrated more towards guitars and wants to get a nice one. According to the original paperwork, It was originaly purchased from Music Guy Mike in 2009. That is how I was able to fit it into my Budget :)

Beautiful wood on that uke! I also purschased a K1 tenor recently, and am just floored by how beautiful it sounds, and how easily it plays. You are wise for deciding to get an instrument of this caliber, as it will constatnly motivate you to play and get better. Hope you have many, many years of enjoyment.

Congratulations! That ukulele has a really pretty grain. As someone who upgraded to a Kamaka last year, I can tell you that for me, the additional pleasure of playing a high-quality ukulele has contributed to my improved playing since I got the Kamaka. I want to play it more, and on some level I seem to want to play up to the level of the instrument, if that makes any sense. Have fun!

Beautiful! Great choice. Did it come with a case & humidifier? I find it helps to take a break from playing every 10-15 min. and take the uke near a window and just look at the wood from different angles. :cool:

As others have said, welcome to the Kanile'a Club!

Congratulations! Glad to hear you'll be strumming that uke as your friend gets more into guitar. A beauty like that needs lots and lots and lots of strumming. Have fun!

Top Bottom