FS : Black Bear Soprano Koa Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
FS : Black Bear Soprano Koa Ukulele : SOLD

This Black Bear Uke is now sold. Thanks for your interest.

This classic solid koa body soprano uke was completed in April 2011 in Yakima, Washington by Luthier Duane Heilman of Black Bear Ukuleles. The body is made from 40 year old koa, and the wood neck is macadamia, very cool looking. This uke has a full clear, loud rich sound with the bark you expect from Black Bear Ukuleles. Action is set up low, frets easily, and is a real pleasure to play.

This is truly a beautiful sounding uke, with very classic looks. Tough decision to sell, but have recently purchased a custom soprano and decided to reduce my collection. The uke is mint condition, like the day I received it. It has always been kept in a humidified case, when not played.

I did a review of the uke when I got it. It can be found here:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?46042-Black-Bear-Koa-Soprano-Review

current sound sample of this uke with Worth Brown mediums
(it has only improved with playing):
http://www.box.com/s/4kexfe3er62ox7h0s14p

Features:
• Solid Koa body
• Macadamia wood neck with graphite truss rod
• 12 frets to the body, 15 total
• 13 5/8" playing scale
• Rosewood fingerboard and bridge
• Bone nut and saddle
• White fingerboard dots with side dots
• lacquer satin finish
• Grover brand friction tuners with cream colored knobs
• Painted Black Bear logo on the head plate
• Worth Brown strings
• relatively new Musicians Gear case with a ‘repaired’ hinge (works fine)
• gel-crystal humidifier

SOLD

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I really like my recently acquired, new-to-me Black Bear soprano. One thing I like about it is that the back angles a little toward the neck, so the depth of the upper bout is slightly less than the depth of the lower bout. It helps keep it in my lap just right. And Doc's right about it being lightweight, but loud.

A very good upgrade for a very reasonable price. Brad's new sopranos now are going for $450, when they're available.

Last edited:
PM sent ...

This Black Bear Uke is now sold. Thanks for your interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom