Songs for the river

nobby8126

Reaction score
Right guys I'm off on a little trip down a river in kent with a few friends and in need of suggestions for easy (ish) relevant songs to play. Normally I'd just whack out the old faithfuls but 2 of the guys are superb musicians so I'd like to have something in the bank unfortunatley I'm drawing a blank. When we did this trip last year one of the muso's picked up my uke and was ripping back in black within about 5 mins quickly followed by duelling bango's and a load of bluegrass even though he had never touched a uke before. And yes I did want to stripe him there and then hehe. Any help would be gratefully recieved.

- "What shall we do with the drunken sailor"
- "Show me the way to go home" (From Jaws) - Add in "Theme from Jaws" riff half-way through
- "Michael row the boat ashore"
- Have "When I'm cleaning windows" ready for when they ask you if you know how to play it
- "Theme from SpongeBob"
- Ska/Reggae stuff is fun, like "Lip up fatty (Bad manners)" or Prince Buster, or Madness even

Now if you want some serious muso-type stuff, then;

- "No Woman No Cry", the fingerpicking version
- "Tears in Heaven" (fingerpicking) - Bit depressing though, especially if you've been boozing

custard pie is a fun one. I got it from eugeneukulele video. Guys would get a kick out of it. .......sitting on the dock of the bay????

Ready for a "murder song"?

Bank of the Ohio

Top Bottom