Kalei Gamiao - The Unknown - Tutorial - Part 1 Intro

Dominator

Reaction score
Last edited:
Hey Dominator, looking forward to the rest of the tutorial. I've been working this one out myself and just about got it down, but it's great that you're making a tutorial so I can verify if I'm playing correctly. Thanks for the linking in the video description!

Thanks so much for your work, and your tutorial is great! You are a very thorough, and patient, teacher.

Thanks for this Dominator! And Casey, thanks for your strum tutorial! This is a really cool piece. Can't wait for the rest of the tutorial series... I want to make sure I have the pattern right - 3,2,4,3,2,4,1,3,2,3,4,2... In going slowly through the explanation the last 3 was skipped. But I'm seeing it when you play faster, so I think I'm doing it right...?
Thanks for doing all the work on this!

Thank you so much Dom, I hope Kalei follows Jake and makes a tab book of his stuff. I've been trying to find somewhere I can buy a version of his Mach 4, he doesn't seem to have it on iTunes.

Thanks for this Dominator! And Casey, thanks for your strum tutorial! This is a really cool piece. Can't wait for the rest of the tutorial series... I want to make sure I have the pattern right - 3,2,4,3,2,4,1,3,2,3,4,2... In going slowly through the explanation the last 3 was skipped. But I'm seeing it when you play faster, so I think I'm doing it right...?
Thanks for doing all the work on this!
I have not watched all of the mini tutorial recently but I'm not following your numbers. Maybe Casey can interpret it for you.

I've posted Part 2 and was planning to just add each new part to this thread. I can't seem to find a way to change the original Thread name/title to reflect Part 2 instead of the Intro. Can this be done?

Dom: I'm working through your video tutorial for Something by Harrison, and I have to say, your video is excellent. I like that yu take a complex song and break it down (I'm learning it one stanza a day), and that you don't fool around with slowness. You just keep on moving along, understanding that it's youtube, and should we want to watch a part over and over, we can. It's mind-blowing how slow some tutorials are on youtube, even for simple songs. Thanks for keeping a pace, teaching accurately yet quickly. If I play Something forever more, it'll be because you taught me, man. Thanks.

I have not watched all of the mini tutorial recently but I'm not following your numbers. Maybe Casey can interpret it for you.

Those are the string numbers for the picking pattern. I'm pretty sure it's right. I watched it over again... Heading to the 2nd vid now. Thanks again!

Those are the string numbers for the picking pattern. I'm pretty sure it's right. I watched it over again... Heading to the 2nd vid now. Thanks again!

Sorry Bob, huge brain fart on my side. I thought you were talking about Casey's strum tutorial that's why I suggested he may be able to help. I didn't realize you were talking about the picking pattern in my video.

So, I think you have the 8, 9 and 10th notes reversed. Unless I played it wrong in the video it should be

I'll wake up soon:)

Dom: I'm working through your video tutorial for Something by Harrison, and I have to say, your video is excellent. I like that yu take a complex song and break it down (I'm learning it one stanza a day), and that you don't fool around with slowness. You just keep on moving along, understanding that it's youtube, and should we want to watch a part over and over, we can. It's mind-blowing how slow some tutorials are on youtube, even for simple songs. Thanks for keeping a pace, teaching accurately yet quickly. If I play Something forever more, it'll be because you taught me, man. Thanks.
Glad the tutorial is helping. That's fantastic.

Sorry Bob, huge brain fart on my side. I thought you were talking about Casey's strum tutorial that's why I suggested he may be able to help. I didn't realize you were talking about the picking pattern in my video.

So, I think you have the 8, 9 and 10th notes reversed. Unless I played it wrong in the video it should be

I'll wake up soon:)

Thanks for clearing that up! Got it now. The note that was missed in the explanation is the 2 that comes right after the 1... Loving the tutorials. This is a really great challenge to work on for a while. Thanks!

Hey Dom, I decided to learn this song after watching your tutorial. I think I've got most of the song figured out now but there are a few chords I'm not sure about yet, so I'm looking forward to the rest of your tutorials on this one. Keep up the great work!

Hey Dom, I decided to learn this song after watching your tutorial. I think I've got most of the song figured out now but there are a few chords I'm not sure about yet, so I'm looking forward to the rest of your tutorials on this one. Keep up the great work!

Hi George, been a while. Hope things are great on the GX9901 home front. I'm working a bit this weekend and then of course there is the Super Bowl but I hope to get the next couple sections recorded tonight.

Outstanding tutorial Dominator and that uke sounds AMAZING!

Top Bottom