PDA

View Full Version : My NAMM 2012 Review/Reflection/Memories

CoLmes
02-01-2012, 09:17 AM
So I know this is a few weeks overdue but I figured Tim's website is back to normal speed and everyone has read Aaron's report on NAMM. Def. didn't want to step on any toes. This is my take on NAMM 2012. My personal thoughts, memories and feelings. Pics included!

Edit: Site should be safe now...
Onward to Safe NAMM Viewing (http://www.colincolemanfotos.com/2012/02/01/namm-2012/)

bbycrts
02-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Great write up, Colin! Next year you do the reporting and have Tim take the pictures!

I hope I don't get in trouble with Tim for saying that...

RyRod
02-01-2012, 09:55 AM
For some reason your site almost killed my computer.

Norton screamed at me that it blocked some oracle thing and then it said that some intrusion was stopped too!

CoLmes
02-01-2012, 10:05 AM

Norton screamed at me that it blocked some oracle thing and then it said that some intrusion was stopped too!

Wow that is really weird, hopefully it doesn't do that to anyone else.

GX9901
02-01-2012, 10:10 AM

I got that message from Norton too. I was wondering maybe something else caused it, but sounds like something happened with the site. (or Norton is being weird)

CoLmes
02-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Hmm.. try going to just http://www.colincolemanfotos.com and see if that doesn't blow your computer up.. if it doesn't, go to blog and its the first one.. realllllly weird

edit: it could be Norton looking for a certificate. It doesn't look like it was hacked, might need to turn off Norton :-\

Drew Bear
02-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Your site worked fine on my computer. Great photos and very diplomatic "reporting". :)

CoLmes
02-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Your site worked fine on my computer. Great photos and very diplomatic "reporting". :)

Haha dont know if that is called reporting :D

pulelehua
02-01-2012, 10:34 AM
My computer has been seriously mucked up. Off to do a system restore. Please take your link down.

Dan Uke
02-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Everyone needs a macro lens...great pics!!

glass
02-01-2012, 10:50 AM
I had kapersky also intercept a malicious behavior but was able to view.

Nice write up though!

Jason Paul
02-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Not even a macro lens - just a good DSLR and a fast prime. It looks like most (if not all) of those were taken with a Canon 60D and a nifty fifty (50mm f/1.8), which is a very inexpensive lens. My wife has this same setup and I'm always surprised at the quality. Those are some great shots!

By the way, my antivirus gave me a red flag on your site too - but I was still able to load it. I use Kaspersky though, rather than Norton.

Jason

misterpk
02-01-2012, 10:59 AM
I didn't have any issues with it. I viewed this on my work computer and it's still running fine. I don't think it was hacked at all.

CoLmes
02-01-2012, 11:00 AM
I'll have my guy look at the site. Something is up then, I haven't found anything bad about it but if so many people are having problems then something is wrong.

Yes 60d and 60 1.8 for every single picture.. was funny the first day I had all of my camera stuff with me but realized that's all I needed to take good pics. Amazing how many people had a lot of expensive camera gear in there.

Steedy
02-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Awesome report, thanks! :shaka:

elisdad
02-01-2012, 04:13 PM
CoLmes, that write up is outstanding and the pics are great. It sounds like you had an amazing time! Thanks for sharing with us.

SuzukHammer
02-01-2012, 04:20 PM
my mac survived the link and i really enjoyed the writeup and pictures and thanks for the notes on being a new dad.

CoLmes
02-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Awesome report, thanks! :shaka:

CoLmes, that write up is outstanding and the pics are great. It sounds like you had an amazing time! Thanks for sharing with us.

my mac survived the link and i really enjoyed the writeup and pictures and thanks for the notes on being a new dad.

Macs FTW. I'm happy I'm seeing less computers blowing up now.

Steedy
02-01-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm a PC. :)

infinitipearl
02-01-2012, 07:14 PM
great write up! wish i could be there but this is a great alternative!

bbycrts
02-01-2012, 07:46 PM
No problems with the link! We use McAfee at work - no issues.

CoLmes
02-02-2012, 04:37 AM
I'm a PC. :)

We can't all be perfect

great write up! wish i could be there but this is a great alternative!

Thanks I'm glad you liked, def. an experience.

No problems with the link! We use McAfee at work - no issues.

Good to know

ukeeku
02-02-2012, 04:53 AM
Great write up, Colin! Next year you do the reporting and have Tim take the pictures!

I hope I don't get in trouble with Tim for saying that...
I keel you last!!!
Really nice write up for sure. By no means do I think I am a good writer. I try, but more often than not it is to clinical and not conversational enough
Colin really helped my site big time, and also made the trip a lot better since I could focus on talking and he went crazy with pictures. I am hoping that some future projects with Colin will be as good.

itsscottwilder
02-02-2012, 04:56 AM
I keel you last!!!
Really nice write up for sure. By no means do I think I am a good writer. I try, but more often than not it is to clinical and not conversational enough
Colin really helped my site big time, and also made the trip a lot better since I could focus on talking and he went crazy with pictures. I am hoping that some future projects with Colin will be as good.

You both did a fantastic job. Great coverage.

CoLmes
02-02-2012, 06:14 AM
I am hoping that some future projects with Colin will be as good.

Looking forward to these !! :)

hoosierhiver
02-02-2012, 06:33 AM
I hate Norton, will never use it again. Nic pics C

surfink
02-02-2012, 06:45 AM
I met your posse @ NAMM, smiling, with great attitudes and professional demeanors..It is reflected in all the pictures(beautiful)and writings from you and Tim..You guys are on the case..Thanks, Casey

thejumpingflea
02-02-2012, 07:33 AM
Awesome coverage!

I did need a haircut... I didn't tell anybody about what happened in the bathroom either.

CoLmes
02-02-2012, 08:38 AM
I hate Norton, will never use it again. Nic pics C
I've heard horror stories. It was good seeing you I missed you two. thanks for bringing the PBR too!

I met your posse @ NAMM, smiling, with great attitudes and professional demeanors..It is reflected in all the pictures(beautiful)and writings from you and Tim..You guys are on the case..Thanks, Casey We did our best to not look like idiots at NAMM :-) Some of us couldn't help it :caugh:Rob:caugh:

Awesome coverage!

I did need a haircut... I didn't tell anybody about what happened in the bathroom either.

Ha I was hoping you'd see that! You gigantic uke player you, secrets we will take to the grave.

Hippie Dribble
02-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Brilliant wrap CoLmes. Well done mate.

CoLmes
02-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Brilliant wrap CoLmes. Well done mate.

Thanks a lot Eugene

Ground Loop
02-03-2012, 07:16 PM
There is certainly something odd about the web site.
It served up a PDF file on first visit. The PDF came from here: http://cataiogfxmag.in/XXXY.pdf
where XXXY were digits.
If I had a Mac, I'd open it. :)

Drew Bear
02-03-2012, 07:29 PM
There is certainly something odd about the web site. It served up a PDF file on first visit. If I had a Mac, I'd open it. :)If you had a Mac, you wouldn't have been "served up a PDF file" like that. :D

Chap
02-04-2012, 04:12 AM
I got hit with the seriously evil "Security Shield" virus when visiting that link.

I suggest removing that link till you get it checked out. Took me two hours to ccccc clear it.

CoLmes
02-04-2012, 05:34 AM
I checked it out, it hasn't been hacked at all. So I really have no idea what the deal is.. happy I have a mac I guess

CoLmes
02-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Ok.. so bluehost figured it out. My site was never hacked.. they think it was a coding issue. All they had to do was go in, rename the file and its back to normal. My website is safe at least!