Kanilea K1-C Gloss Finish 03/11 Build Date for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimUke

Reaction score
I am selling this uke for several reasons.

#1. I have purchased a new Uke.
#2. I dinged it and the anal freak that I am can't bear it.

I bought the Uke in July of 2011 for $775 dollars.

I am the original owner.

The uke is not in pristine condition. It has the ding (back edge) that I have documented in the pictures and something I can only call a hairline scuff in the coating on the front face/edge which I have been unable to capture in a picture.

If one really looks I am sure there are other imperfections that can be felt and not really seen.

I have done my best to desribe this uke accurately.

It plays wonderfully but isn't for that person (like me) who wants pristine.

I am asking 25% less than I paid for it or $580 and am happy to discuss the uke with anyone.

FWIW, I was going to ship the uke to Joe at Kanilea to fix the blemishes but think its probably just easier to offer a good deal.

Oh, I also have a black Uke Crazy case to throw in.

Also, I would consider a fun SOPRANO uke of equivalent value in trade. :)

Attachments

• uke front.jpg
    uke front.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 168
  • uke back.jpg
    uke back.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 126
  • DING.jpg
    DING.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
That's a pretty instrument. I'm sure someone will grab it.

Thanks, Provines! The pictures don't do it justice. It's beautiful in person and sounds great. I hope someone grabs it because once my buyer's remorse goes away, I'll probably keep it. LOL

This picture in natural light was taken when I got the uke.

Attachments

• ukewhenpurchased.jpg
    ukewhenpurchased.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Being a "Kanilea" Ukulele, you just know someone out there is gonna snatch that jewel up. Nothing like a Kanilea !!

Couldn't resist the chocolate heart mango on the Mya-Moe -- would take your Martin 5K in trade "Howie." :)

I don't know, I would suggest just keeping it and getting used to blemished instruments, otherwise this could turn into a serious money draining hobby. I mean, not one of the ukes in my sig could be described as pristine, except for maybe the Les Paul that I never play.

Otherwise, that seems to be a heck of a price for that Kanile'a. May even have been snatched up by the time I post this messge. :)

No, If it is to sell, then the cash would serve me better. Glad you made your decision.

You bring up a good point. Is it "normal" for them to get banged up a bit? I just blamed myself for being too casual when carrying it around - not affording it the respect it deserved. My thought was to be more careful with the next one. But - you are dealing with a person who traded in a car after it got dinged. NOW THAT is expensive. ,)

Hi, KimUke. I just sent you a PM.

I would like to thank the folks here who made me re-think my decision to sell this uke.

Rather than sell it - and because I can't stand the blemishes - I have decided to send the uke back to Kanile'a for repair. It seems like a good compromise.

If when I receive my new uke I prefer it to this one -- it may make its way here again -- but without any bumps or bruises.

Thanks again for making me re-think this.

Buyer's remorse can make one do drastic things! :rolleyes:

Be proud of your dings! It gives the uke character. I remember Chuck Moore (of Moore Bettah Ukuleles) say that nothing is more disheartening to him than coming across a uke he made years ago and finding it in perfect condition. They're meant to be played and it's natural to pick up some scratches and dings throughout the years.

That being said, I flipped out when I got my first ding on my Moore Bettah so I know how you feel!

I got one just like it (but it doesn't have a ding yet) and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom