Microphone Troubles... Please Help

UkuleleAdventure

Reaction score
Recently I purchased the blue microphones mikey so I could record video on my ipod touch. Unfortunately my generation is not compatible. :( I contacted Nikon to see if an external microphone would be compatible with my nikon camera, but of course not. :( At this point my final hope is the built in webcam on my computer. Does anyone know a microphone that would be able to plug into a computer with windows XP to record video. Please Help!

Depending on your budget, I'd have different recommendations. I got some great deals and ended up spending about $350 for approximately $1300 worth of recording equipment and set up a mini recording studio in my basement. Nothing connected to the PC though. I've got a digital 8 track recorder, studio condenser mic (which records my uke awesome), a stand and boom for my mic, 2 studio monitors, all the necessary cables, and more. Of course, a lot of this was post christmas sales, but there are still very good deals out there. Let me know if you'd be interested in how I set it up and what gear I have.

Recently I purchased the blue microphones mikey so I could record video on my ipod touch. Unfortunately my generation is not compatible. :( I contacted Nikon to see if an external microphone would be compatible with my nikon camera, but of course not. :( At this point my final hope is the built in webcam on my computer. Does anyone know a microphone that would be able to plug into a computer with windows XP to record video. Please Help!

When you say "blue microphones mikey", are you referring to the Snowball microphone I mentioned above? If so, use the Audacity software program that you can download off the internet to use it through your computer.

When you say "blue microphones mikey", are you referring to the Snowball microphone I mentioned above? If so, use the Audacity software program that you can download off the internet to use it through your computer.

I'm referring to the microphone you directly plug into your ipod. Not the snowball.

Depending on your budget, I'd have different recommendations. I got some great deals and ended up spending about $350 for approximately $1300 worth of recording equipment and set up a mini recording studio in my basement. Nothing connected to the PC though. I've got a digital 8 track recorder, studio condenser mic (which records my uke awesome), a stand and boom for my mic, 2 studio monitors, all the necessary cables, and more. Of course, a lot of this was post christmas sales, but there are still very good deals out there. Let me know if you'd be interested in how I set it up and what gear I have.

Your setup sounds very interesting, could you tell me what mic you use?

I recently bought myself a Zoom H1 Handy Recorder+ optional accesory pack.
It's a great little device that lets you do good quality recordings.
And you can edit the files in the included DAW(Steinberg Wawelab LE). And if need be add some VST effects.
This can also be used as a USB mic.
I'm happy with the hardware and software solution I got now.
But I will eventually change my laptop SSD for a bigger one. Then I'll Install Ableton Live 8 and NI Komplete 6.

You should be able to find the Zoom H1 with the optional accesory pack for around 100 USD.
Not a bad deal for a portable digital recorder with a bundled DAW, mic stand, USB cable, carrying case, power supply.

Just my 2 cents..

Top Bottom