PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Ken

Pete Howlett
02-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Since Vic successfully brought down the Jet sander thread I can't now wait for the 'it's in the post' message from you Ken. I had a cocobolo drop top to sand that completely gummed up my horizontal plate sander so I am anxious to get back to using the thickness sander where I'd sort this oily wood out with a 36 grit paper in the machine!

What this has taught me is to do a monthly maintainance check on my frequently used machines and to never throw out an old tool - I made close on 300 instruments with my Safe T Sander based on a design I read about in GAL publication and used by John Gilbert. I thought it was a unique solution to JG but have recently seen a similar set-up being used by a Brazilian Luthier. When I start shooting the video in March it weill be in the Shop-made Tools section of the vid.

buddhuu
02-01-2012, 11:49 PM
The sander thread is now open again. The debris of deleted posts will be completely removed once other mods have had a chance to review what occurred.

Thanks.

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
02-02-2012, 06:24 AM
Since Vic successfully brought down the Jet sander thread I can't now wait for the 'it's in the post' message from you Ken. I had a cocobolo drop top to sand that completely gummed up my horizontal plate sander so I am anxious to get back to using the thickness sander where I'd sort this oily wood out with a 36 grit paper in the machine!

What this has taught me is to do a monthly maintainance check on my frequently used machines and to never throw out an old tool - I made close on 300 instruments with my Safe T Sander based on a design I read about in GAL publication and used by John Gilbert. I thought it was a unique solution to JG but have recently seen a similar set-up being used by a Brazilian Luthier. When I start shooting the video in March it weill be in the Shop-made Tools section of the vid.

You should've used the 10/20 failure as an excuse to buy a bigger sander.