new uke restoration job

Strummin simon

Reaction score
I'm assuming you weren't actually using it to bake a cake on the stove top! :D You'd need to put it in the oven for that. (Sorry couldn't help myself!)
On a less flippant note, it looks pretty nice. How did you repair the damage at the end of the fretboard near the body joint? And what did you re-finish the fretboard with?

did you take a 6 hook and make it a 10 hook? If so good job. Looks great. a new head is a bear to do, all looks perfect.

thanks fellas,

i filled the fretboard with wood filler, replaced the frets. then painted the fretboard.

the head has extra hooks attached. it did have 6, i bought new ones, and just drilled holes to make it a 10 hook job!

then the whole thing was stripped down, sanded and finished with coats of Tru-oil.

wow Simon, fabulous job mate. Looks awesome+++. Give us a sound bite when you get a chance...

quick update.

The owner received the uke...very excited.

opened the box to find it the neck smashed in half.

this uke hasnt just been dropped, its totally destroyed.

thanks alot Hermes

That sucks! I really do hate the cavalier attitude of couriers. Is it repairable or will it be left to rest peacefully?

luckily enough i actually have another neck from the same make of uke in my spares cupboard.

the owner is prepared to pay for another 2 lots of postage. i am going to provide, and fit the neck for free.

it was too much of a job to give up on it, and the uke had sentimental value too.

before anyone tells me...yes from now on i will only send packages insured for their full value.
thanks again Hermes. the £20 compo really helps.

Top Bottom