Does anyone else keep a Uke at work?

Ukuleledad

Reaction score
I keep a Kala Soprano Travel Uke at work - very useful at lunch break! Does anyone else have a 'WorkUke'?

I keep a Kala Soprano Travel Uke at work - very useful at lunch break! Does anyone else have a 'WorkUke'?

Keep my Flea in the car for lunch time strumming...

I don't have a 'work' uke, but I do have a 'bed' uke. She's a cute like pink Dolphin fitted out with a pink nightie and stockings..... errh...oops...I'll get my coat!

I keep a Kala spruce top tenor for myself, a cracked Komoa mahogany pineapple soprano and an assortment of Mahalo's in my classroom for kids to use if they want.

I work in residential care supporting adults with learning dissabilities and often take my little mahalo in to play for the clients. With one young man in particular who doesn't have any speech, if I stop playing he simply reaches over and puts my hand back on the strings.

... I keep an Anaole soprano at my desk to soothe the Saul in me on any given workday when emotions flare up...

Yep, my Tiki Mug Fluke lives in my office on a wall hanger. It has survived many 20% to 80% humidity changes. This is the only uke I have that I would subject to those conditions.

Let's see...

5 mainland concerts (1 red cedar and 4 mahog)
4 mainland sopranos (all red cedars)
3 dolphins

and sometimes I bring one of my nice ukes (but only on Wednesday or special occasions).

I have mine hanging on the wall next to my desk.
I just got finished telling my client for the day how it's tuned (he's a guitar player).
I usually grab it and play during my lunch break.

yeah, I usually keep one in the office for those moments of inspiration...

DSCF4654.jpg

I work in a guitar store, we have Fleas, Flukes, Kala, Luna, Recording King, Martin, and a couple new brands on the way :D So I've always got ukes around.

Okay, I'm Jealous!

I have a little 4-string thing maybe 8 inches long hung on my cubicle wall as a decoration. I found it at a party favor store. The four strings are all the same thickness, so it's not useful to play.

I used to bring my Fluke sometimes in the summer and play on a picnic table outside during lunch. But then a co-worker started practicing his bagpipe out there at the same time, and I couldn't hear myself play anymore. I can understand why his wife prefers him to practice at work instead of at home.

i do sometimes but not always, i used to leave my dolphin in work and practice in my dinner break

Yes I do. I am a Hospice nurse, as many of you know, and I drag it around with me every day and do music therapy for my patients, families, (and me). So far, they love it!

There was a thread awhile back about bathroom ukes.
Surely anyone who keeps a uke in the bathroom has one in the workplace as well.

Top Bottom