kamaka

moondancer

Reaction score
a friend of mine has a 1920s kamaka pineapple she's thinking of getting overhauled, would it be worth getting done.are they worth anything............mack

Aloha Mack,
Yes Contact Kamaka directly...they will do the best job, at the best prices ...your vintage pineapple is highly prized by vintage collectors and ukulele players..
http://www.kamakahawaii.com/contact.html hope it helps...Good Luck and any pictures.... Stan

nah, just toss it in a box and send it to me.....I've got a fireplace. I'll be happy to take care of it for her.

I second Stan. Kamaka will treat it with the utmost respect, and be somewhat reasonable if I remember correctly.

Collectors value is also a function of appointments. Is there any binding? Pineapple decal? That said, I'd treat it with the utmost-est respect and love were your friend to send it to me.

Sorry Stan, I'll wait for you. Go ahead and ask :)

If I had one, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to send it to Kamaka for refurbishing. I've heard they perform miracles on old Kamakas on a regular basis! :)

if i thought for one second that she would sell it I'd have it, but, no go i'm afraid.......................

Definitely send it to the factory. They do great work for a reasonable price, and if anyone knows that instrument inside and out, it's them.

Top Bottom