Luna Pineapple vs Luna "honu" soprano

Donn

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and brand new to ukuleles. I am looking at these two as a beginner's ukulele as recommended by a dealer, vs a Kala or Makala.

Listening to the two on the computer, the "honu" sounds softer and mellower than the pineapple. Since I have no way of actually hearing these two played in person, has anyone here have experience in these two?

BTW, I had tried the Makala MK-C which was supposed to be sent to me with low action and Aquila strings. It was not, so I returned it.

Thanks.
--Donn

You are correct, pineapples are supposed to more punchier with notes than a Soprano. If you are worried about proper action height (which is unpredictable with factory made ukes) then you need to buy the uke from a store that does set-ups or cross your fingers and order from a cheap vendor that offers free returns lol.

i've got a pineapple tattoo, its great fun it has a nice woody sound to it, but like Choweet has said buy it from a dealer who will set it up for you, the action on these are quite high, i had to set mine up myself, now it is sweet

You are correct, pineapples are supposed to more punchier with notes than a Soprano. If you are worried about proper action height (which is unpredictable with factory made ukes) then you need to buy the uke from a store that does set-ups or cross your fingers and order from a cheap vendor that offers free returns lol.

Thanks, Choweet. Yes, I intend on ordering it from a dealer in Hawaii that promises to fix it to my needs.

i've got a pineapple tattoo, its great fun it has a nice woody sound to it, but like Choweet has said buy it from a dealer who will set it up for you, the action on these are quite high, i had to set mine up myself, now it is sweet

Thanks, Kaizeroza. Glad you like your Luna Pineapple tattoo. Thanks for your input on its sound. I guess I'll go with the dealer's first suggestion and get the pineapple. I am awaiting to hear from him again on my question about the 2 I'm looking at now.

Top Bottom