My "Feel Good" story -

Ed Gilkison

Reaction score
Hi Guys!
Wanted to share my 'feel good' story with you -

A couple years ago, one of my motorcycle friends, Pierre - was over and I shoved a ukulele in his hands. He looked it over and started to play it, saying how growing up on Kauai, everybody learned to play ukulele in school. Later I drove over to his place and gave him a Triangle uke from Empire Music from my collection.
Then in the fall, he drove in with his truck and trailer loaded with motorcycles His riding buddies and brother were over from Kauai, and he wanted to show them my bike shop. I pulled out a couple ukes and they all had theirs and we had a little uke jam here at the shop. It was the first time Pierre had played uke, with his brother, for over twenty years!
and - it was the first time Pierre's wife had heard him play!
Later that year I was invited to a little Christmas dinner at Pierre's house, and his wife said;
" Ed - I don't know what possessed you to give that ukulele to Pierre, but Thank You for bringing music into our house! Pierre is always playing ukulele or guitar now - " :)
My job is done there - :) :)

Very cool. WTG!

I found myself looking for the 'like' button. :)

You made a difference in not only Pierre, but his wife and brother...awesome story Ed...Happy Strummings!!!

Ed this just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. As someone who has been longtime involved in music therapy this is such an awesome story. I - and I think - many of us have seen, first hand, the powerful impact that music makes in the lives of people. It brings us together in a way that surpasses anything that words can. Blessings mate, this is where the rubber hits the road. :)

Kewl! :)

That is terrific, Ed! Funny isn't it - I got mine last April & now both my brothers and my sister have one ..... or more! :) Must be catchy!

Roberta

A biker playing a uke... priceless!

Thanks for sharing. Good the see the uke bug spreading on the Kitsap Peninsula! Hopefully they'll pay it forward.

Awesome X Infinity.

That's was great! I especially liked "my work here is done" part! Ha!

Well done!

Great story! Way to be there and rise to the opportunity, when it presented itself! Who knows how far the ripple-effect will reach?

-an update on this post is -

Pierre now has the Triumph triangle uke, a Tom Guy 'Purple Heart Concert Cigar Box uke, a KoAloha Concert, Makapili Pineapple Concert, and recently called to see if I can get my dad to make him an 'eight string cigar box uke' - I've created a monster!! :)
Here is a pic of Pierre, with his Makapili. (Thank You! - Lori, for letting go of your Makapili- for Pierre!) Pic was taken in my bedroom - when Pierre was over collecting his Makapili. :)Makapili 010.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom