new uke day - new to me

Nickie

Reaction score
Yesterday I received an Oscar Schmidt OU 2205 W/C tenor. It is slightly pre-loved, and it has great tone, very light action. It appears that it was set up pretty close to right on. It's definitely not "dead" like some OS ukes are. I welcome it to my "collection", and can't wait to play it later today. Right now, I'm going back to bed, rough night last night.

Congrats Nickie. Give us some pics and a review once the inital "new Uke jones" wears off.

Is that the model with the wide fretboard?

Yesterday I received an Oscar Schmidt OU 2205 W/C tenor. It is slightly pre-loved, and it has great tone, very light action. It appears that it was set up pretty close to right on. It's definitely not "dead" like some OS ukes are. I welcome it to my "collection", and can't wait to play it later today. Right now, I'm going back to bed, rough night last night.

Woo Hoo Congratulations Nicky...I am happy for you.....have fun and enjoy....I love my OU2...one of my favorites...Yes Yes....Happy Strummings Girl...MM Stan

Thanks, everybody! It is a wide neck I think, it measures 5'2", no wait that's the song I was playing, it's 3.5mm wide at the nut.

Hey Nickie,
which one did you get, I couldn't find a picture..is it one of these.
http://www.oscarschmidt.com/products/ukes/ou2.asp

Congrats Nickie, great buy mate. Here's to many happy memories made together :)

Congrats!!

Well, it now is MY new uke day. My long-awaited Mainland mahogany tenor (Uke Republic) arrived. With amber tuners (gorgeous.) THE SOUND. ..... I'm in LOVE.

Well, it now is MY new uke day. My long-awaited Mainland mahogany tenor (Uke Republic) arrived. With amber tuners (gorgeous.) THE SOUND. ..... I'm in LOVE.

AWESOME!! You GOTTA post pics of that!

Happy NUD. <-- That makes me giggle, because I'm 11. :)

When it comes in playable shape and sounding nice, it's like hitting the jackpot twice. I know it shouldn't be that way, but that's just how it feels! :)

When I am home and have some sunlight, I will photograph it. The sound is sweet and it is less gaudy than I feared, very pretty indeed. The amber tuners are just right. I really like it. I'm not surprised, yet thrilled, that I can play pieces on it that I can barely get done on the Dolphin. This follows that if you are a serious beginner, do not handicap yourself with a bad instrument (true of flutes, that I know first hand.)

Top Bottom