Does anyone have kamaka tenor in stock?

I emailed HMS last week and they said they're restocking in a few weeks. If you don't mind me askin, why are you curious? :p

I emailed HMS last week and they said they're restocking in a few weeks. If you don't mind me askin, why are you curious? :p

Kamaka. It's not just a brand. It's THE brand.

It's just interesting because in the guitar world, unless you're looking for something that is limited run, signature model or custom shop; really most new guitar models are fairly easy to come by.

Kamaka just generally seems to be more demand than supply.

Watch ebay also there was one posted yesterday about 8:30 in the AM a little before 11 I saw it . was very nice hard case and a pickup $750 BUY IT NOW hmmmmm was considering it very seriously when BAM was sold lol.
He who hesitates !

Kamaka just generally seems to be more demand than supply.
I think all the "K" brands are struggling to keep up with demand. When I was shopping around for Tenors 2-3 months ago, my impression was that the Kamaka KF-3 was easier to find than either the KoAloha or Kanile'a Tenors. The Kamakas were the most expensive of the "K" Tenors.

BTW, I left out Ko'olau because it seems they are mostly a custom shop these days.

I was looking for one a couple of months ago and only saw a couple of used go for over a grand on eBay so I thought if they are selling for that much used I may as well get a new one. I contacted Artisan guitars in Nashville and they were out at the time but were expecting some new ones around Christmas and that was a month away. I preordered one put a deposit down and they priced it at $1150. About a week after they priced it for me the Kamaka prices went up to $1245. They emailed me and said their prices went up on them and they would honor the old price they quoted me. They sent pics of all 5 HF-3s that came in and I picked which one I wanted. It came on Christmas eve and was perfect. It was everything I expected it to be. If I didn't have it now I would buy another one in a heartbeat and the extra plus here is that if I ever did sell it I wouldn't take much of a loss on it. I feel I spent my money wisely on this one.

I think all the "K" brands are struggling to keep up with demand. When I was shopping around for Tenors 2-3 months ago, my impression was that the Kamaka KF-3 was easier to find than either the KoAloha or Kanile'a Tenors. The Kamakas were the most expensive of the "K" Tenors.

BTW, I left out Ko'olau because it seems they are mostly a custom shop these days.

Ditto, I think that all three are tough to find. I actually thought the KoAlohas were the hardest to find.

Ditto, I think that all three are tough to find. I actually thought the KoAlohas were the hardest to find.

It could also be because they make less tenors. When I picked up my second from Koaloha in May 2011, the headstock date was Nove 2010 and Brian said they make less tenors than the other shapes.

Top Bottom