stevepetergal
02-04-2012, 02:11 AM
Hmm..........

stevepetergal
02-04-2012, 02:12 AM
Uhhh... I got nuthin'

1931jim
02-04-2012, 02:31 AM
In the middle of the night at 8 o'clock this morning a green truck painted red ran over a dead black cat and almost killed it. HaHa!!
Time for more coffee.

Ukulele JJ
02-04-2012, 02:50 AM
Any idea we give you won't be an original thought by the time you get it. That is, it won't be your original thought.

So technically, you're looking for a thought that was once original.

Of course, all thoughts were, at one time, original. Therefore, any thought will ipso facto be an appropriate response to your post.

How's that? :-)

JJ

haolejohn
02-04-2012, 02:56 AM
Any idea we give you won't be an original thought by the time you get it. That is, it won't be your original thought.

Of course, all thoughts were, at one time, original. Therefore, any thought will ipso facto be an appropriate response to your post.

JJ
Of course you beat me to it by about 5 minutes, so my original thought response is no longer original by 5 minutes.

1931jim
02-04-2012, 02:59 AM

JJ
Far out Ukulele JJ. New Ukulele User meeting on Uranus. Be there or be square.
1931jim

austin1
02-04-2012, 04:19 AM
any ideas ?

What happens to the Twilight vampires if they bite someone with AIDS?

GinnyT11
02-04-2012, 11:39 AM
What's the difference between a slim possibility and a fat chance?

France
02-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Aquila strings are the best strings for ukulele's.

mds725
02-04-2012, 01:00 PM
And this thread is in "Uke Talk" instead of "General Discussion" because ....? [Insert original thought here.]

webby
02-04-2012, 02:13 PM
And this thread is in "Uke Talk" instead of "General Discussion" because ....? [Insert original thought here.]

that's not very original :)

haolejohn
02-04-2012, 02:31 PM

I'm not surprised it is still here, but I am surprised it's not locked...Now that is original:)

harpdog cc
02-05-2012, 02:08 AM
10,000 years into the future, they learned to time travel.

webby
02-05-2012, 02:15 AM
10,000 years into the future, they learned to time travel.

And they came back and told us that they were still waiting for their peanut eleukes to be ready :)

coolkayaker1
02-05-2012, 04:34 AM
Original thought: webby's a dingbat.

No, wait. Not original. Sorry.

(I'm kidding, webby.)

ukuhippo
02-05-2012, 05:06 AM
any ideas ?

You should get one...now, and....now. And....now. If not-->go see the doctor.

buddhuu
02-05-2012, 06:37 AM

Because... It just is.

You see, this being an 'ukulele forum means that there is a reasonable probability that some of the original (or ex-original) thoughts that get suggested may be uke-related. If the thought that webby eventually accepts is 'ukulele-related then this would be an appropriate place for it. If it turns out that the favourite thought is a non-uke one, well then perhaps we'll move the thread.

Until we know one way or the other it's kind of difficult to know what to do for the best. This moderating gig is tough, you know...

;)

Hippie Dribble
02-05-2012, 06:44 AM
What's the difference between a slim possibility and a fat chance?

he he...love this one Ginny :)

Hippie Dribble
02-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Who is that songwriter called ' traditional? Man, he or she wrote some mighty fine tunes...and lots of em

haolejohn
02-05-2012, 06:49 AM
Because... It just is.

You see, this being an 'ukulele forum means that there is a reasonable probability that some of the original (or ex-original) thoughts that get suggested may be uke-related. If the thought that webby eventually accepts is 'ukulele-related then this would be an appropriate place for it. If it turns out that the favourite thought is a non-uke one, well then perhaps we'll move the thread.

Until we know one way or the other it's kind of difficult to know what to do for the best. This moderating gig is tough, you know...

;)
I must say...I actually loled at this

coolkayaker1
02-05-2012, 06:50 AM
An original thought about the ukulele:

A ukulele makes a poor doorstop compared to an anvil.

pulelehua
02-05-2012, 08:15 AM
If you raised the C-string to a D, and dropped the A-string to an F, to play a scale would just be

------0-----------7-----
---0-----------7--------
-0----------7-----------
---------0-----------7--

which would be easy. If Dorian. Well, you asked for original, not interesting. And not useful...

stevepetergal
02-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Uhhh....

I still got nuthin'

YooperUker
02-05-2012, 10:26 AM
An original thought about the ukulele:

A ukulele makes a poor doorstop compared to an anvil.

And also makes a poorer anvil than a doorstop does.

(To be honest, that's only a statement of hypothesis. I have not actually tested it, nor do I intend to.)

Hippie Dribble
02-05-2012, 10:28 AM
if the world were a doughnut , what would the core be made of? :uhoh:

vanflynn
02-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Where does the white go when snow melts?

Gwynedd
02-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Women tear each other down because of polygamy. When in ancient times, (or today in parts of the West) there were multiple wives, it was not to any woman's advantage to have a favorite rise in the harem. To this day, groups of women tear each other down to prevent a favorite from getting all the "goodies." This is deeply ingrained in their brains. This is also the origin of the "cat fight." I've pondered long about this.

Hippie Dribble
02-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Women tear each other down because of polygamy. When in ancient times, (or today in parts of the West) there were multiple wives, it was not to any woman's advantage to have a favorite rise in the harem. To this day, groups of women tear each other down to prevent a favorite from getting all the "goodies." This is deeply ingrained in their brains. This is also the origin of the "cat fight." I've pondered long about this.

good points here Gwynn and I agree with you, but not sure it's 'original' entirely. Don't want to nit-pick an excellent idea but I think you'll find a wealth of feminist scholarship addressing this issue and other related matters of patriarchy. Don't mind me I'm just a nerd and I wrote a post grad thesis on feminist stuff...aaaarggghhhh...I'm a weirdo :uhoh:

mm stan
02-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Can a herd of nerds be heard?

Gwynedd
02-05-2012, 11:21 AM
I think my thesis is the antihesis of feminist "thinking" if you can call it that. All feminism has done has broken families, put 2 people to work when 1 used to do, and made kids abandoned to day orphanages to be raised without manners or care. They take gym out of the schools (female thinking) and rage about sodas and chips. See what I mean?

Hippie Dribble
02-05-2012, 11:28 AM
I think my thesis is the antihesis of feminist "thinking" if you can call it that. All feminism has done has broken families, put 2 people to work when 1 used to do, and made kids abandoned to day orphanages to be raised without manners or care. They take gym out of the schools (female thinking) and rage about sodas and chips. See what I mean?
yep, gone full circle, totally agree. It has been a destructive movement no doubt. I was young and idealistic (and naiive) back in the late 80's early 90's...

But that's enough from me, I don't want to get involved in another controversy!!!!! Back to the topic at hand...

Hippie Dribble
02-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Can a herd of nerds be heard?
nice Bruddah. Answer: yes, as long as they have big mouths like me :o

haolejohn
02-05-2012, 11:47 AM
yep, gone full circle, totally agree. It has been a destructive movement no doubt. I was young and idealistic (and naiive) back in the late 80's early 90's...

But that's enough from me, I don't want to get involved in another controversy!!!!! Back to the topic at hand...

Staying on topic...now that is an original thought.

1931jim
02-05-2012, 11:51 AM
if the world were a doughnut , what would the core be made of? :uhoh:
I overheard one doughtnut saying to another......""I wouldn't be around this hole if I had more dough""

Ukuleleblues
02-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Are you a musician if you have to look at music to play music?