Cornbread and butterbeans

oh gee oh gee, how in the blazes did we miss this. This is surely one of your very very best Rob. First, it's a wonderful song and second, your version is outstanding. And what a superb video. On to my favourites list, this is inspiring. Thanks for this one, I love it.

I missed this one too, wee..... incredibly enjoyable, really nicely done sir...... Since seeing your cold-weather gardening channel, I've been waiting for it to get cold enough here to make ice casts with my kids - unfortunately it's been unseasonably warm.....

WONDERMOUS! Love it. I had to watch it twice, might have another listen. Thanks!

Hey, you played more than two chords there! :rulez:

Great song. I loved the visuals too, though they made me think you should have a kantele in the mix.

Oh Heck YES! That was off the charts man. I love the song anyway...and I am sure it has never been done like that- top shelf!

oh gee oh gee, how in the blazes did we miss this. This is surely one of your very very best Rob. First, it's a wonderful song and second, your version is outstanding. And what a superb video. On to my favourites list, this is inspiring. Thanks for this one, I love it.

Thanks for the kind comments. I like this song because it has a
certain nursery rhyme quality to it, with somewhat nonsense lyrics,
yet at the heart of it, hidden away some nuggets of truth.
"Neck tie will make you die" now there is something for the
captains of industry to ponder over :)

I missed this one too, wee..... incredibly enjoyable, really nicely done sir...... Since seeing your cold-weather gardening channel, I've been waiting for it to get cold enough here to make ice casts with my kids - unfortunately it's been unseasonably warm.....

I have made about a dozen of them now, and have wrecked about a dozen more
trying to get them out of the molds. Somebody has told me the best way for
making the hole in the ice is to use one of those rubber bottle caps that you
can slip over the neck of a bottle then you only have to squeeze it to get it out
Cans and candles don't work that well.

She who must be obeyed said I should do some coloured ones using food colouring,
but I wanted to go the whole hog and do them with peas and diced carrot.
But she said no.

WONDERMOUS! Love it. I had to watch it twice, might have another listen. Thanks!

If you get a chance listen to the version by the "Carolina Chocolate drops" from the
shouts and roars coming from the crowd you realize this is is a fantastic dance tune.

I was brought up in the ceilidh tradition where a dance was not a proper dance
unless you could roar at the top of your lungs "Best set in the hall"

Proper dancing requires that you shout "hooch" with exuberance.

Thanks for the kind comments. I like this song because it has a
certain nursery rhyme quality to it, with somewhat nonsense lyrics,
yet at the heart of it, hidden away some nuggets of truth.
"Neck tie will make you die" now there is something for the
captains of industry to ponder over :)

Rob, you just summed up much better than I could have done exactly why I love old time music and traditional folk. I'll have to make that quote the epithet should I ever get round to writing a musical memoir!!!! Blessings mate.

Oh Heck YES! That was off the charts man. I love the song anyway...and I am sure it has never been done like that- top shelf!

Well it was different because of the Norwegian sawed fiddle for the chorus,
and the use of extra cowbell. Too much cowbell is never enough as
Christopher Walken used to say.

Top Bottom