Caution comes 2012 Namm report in infected..crashes Computors

MGM

Reaction score
I am sorry to say Colmes but your site on the 2012 Namm is badly infected and has crashed my home PC. If I were anybody I,d not open it until he gets it fixed....using my iPad for this and staring at a blank black screen on my pc after opening it. I had security alerts and scanned to clean but on reboot system is a black hole.

My spyware went wild when I tried to view it. I think I stopped the attacks, no problems so far .. but the mcafee popups were crazy!

l had an infected warning when i tried to open it but luckily my anti virus blocked it

My Windows Security Essentials blocked it and I was able to "back out", seemingly unscathed. I'll let you know if I get charges for Vietnamese massage parlors on my next Visa statement.

I'll take down the link, no idea what happened I tried on all of my computers here and at school and had no problems... might just be the blog post. I had my website guy look at it to and he doesn't see anything. Sorry to all who has had problems

Any comp experts out there. Turn my comp on I get one prompt then black screen with flashing white dash upper left corner but can't type anything. 75.00 an hour repair tech. What a bummer

I am really bad at technology, but what I did was as soon as my computer turned on, started hitting the f8 button. Then it asks you how you want to start your computer, and I hit "in safe mode with networking." From there everything comes up stretched out, but everything still works. I went to download.com, searehed for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, downloaded it, ran it, and it killed everything.

as back-up I usually run a program called ComboFix, but you have to make sure you turn off all your other anti-virus software, because ComboFix is so overpowerful, it can apparently actually break your computer if you don't. I only run it as a last resort, I find even with my other anti-virus software off, it tends to break my weaker programs.

Any comp experts out there. Turn my comp on I get one prompt then black screen with flashing white dash upper left corner but can't type anything. 75.00 an hour repair tech. What a bummer

What prompt do you get?

Is it the windows 'Start in safe mode' options (white on black screen)

Or is it a C:\> prompt?

Or is it just the memory check and then you get a beep and the cursor sits there doing nothing?

Ok, so I had my website person dude run 4 different scans for virus/malware on my website and it came up clean. I called my host company and they are going to go and do a clean sweep and try to find if there is anything in there... bad scripts, other ip addresses signing on that aren't me, viruses... and they should get back to me soon about it. If there's anything wrong I'll let you know.

Col, if you want me to host the page on my site, let me know... just so folks can read it.

I am absolutely certain the site offered me an unrequested PDF file for download and auto-open the first time I visited. It does not right now, so it might only do it once.

I am absolutely certain the site offered me an unrequested PDF file for download and auto-open the first time I visited. It does not right now, so it might only do it once.

Found two problems. Someone def hacked into it. One is a redirect which is probably the PDF file. And there's something else but not sure what. My host is trying to find the files to delete so it'll go back to normal. Again sorry for any one that had their computer blow up.

Thanks for getting onto the problem fast i will try the f8 thing when i get home. At the store now

I had the same thing happen. I was at work when I logged on the other day and now I wait for my tech to come on Monday to take care of it. In the meantime, I can't access any of my files. I hope there won't be any permanent damage.

If you can't recover your Windows PC using normal methods (safe mode etc.) and you're stuck with just a flashing cursor, then it's still possible to rescue it (or at least rescue your files from the hard disk) using a Linux boot CD.

This is a cut-down operating system that you burn to a CD. You boot your PC from the CD, so it doesn't touch your hard disk at all. Here's one which has anti-virus and various rescue utilities on it;

http://trinityhome.org/trk/

As I said, use this as a last resort if your IT guy can't fix it for you.

About a year and a half ago, I had 2 PCs crash. My work PC and my personal PC hotrod. I then had to pull out my Mac which I had bought in Singapore but didn't use because the battery blew up. I fixed the battery and the Mac has worked out so great that I don't even use the hotrod PC I had repaired. I'm glad I didn't go to the site with my PC.

I'm thinking I may just use my PC to do video editing and not ever use it to surf the web. But that is next to impossible not to surf.

Last edited:
Macs really the safe way to go. I'm an idiot w computers so my Mac saves me w this stuff. I called blue host and submitted two tickets so they should be getting down to it soon.

Thank god for my iPad or. No one would get answers to emails etc....this has really caused me a problem having one of my main work Computors go down...my. Biggest newest and fastest one

Top Bottom