No more work untill it gets warmer

Timbuck

Reaction score
No more work until it gets warmer

It's way to cold to work in the shed..winter has finally arrived in the UK no more ukes or tools till the sun shine's warm again:(
I went out earlier tonight to check on my car and I noticed the grandson had been at it again :D
thecar.jpg

Last edited:
Rain and driving winds? Luxury! :p We have 4 inches of snow here in Nottingham which is already causing chaos on the roads. Its going to be fun for the next few days.

I have to say I wish we got white winters here in the Northwest ."Washington" but I have had the flu for the last five days and hardly feel like doing anything. I can say we have blue skies and it is beautiful but still a little cold. I love all the work you do with machining, I hope you have something to keep you busy.

You can buy 1 acre buildable lots on the Big Island of Hawaii for $6000. Maybe you should get the hell out of there.

Sunny and in the 70's here in Orange County! Mowed the lawn in shorts and no shirt. :cool:

Well, I'm just a 10 minute drive from Liam, and it's been a real hot and humid one this last week. Last Monday it was 45C (115 F)in the shed at work. Had cooled down to the high 30's by the time I got home in the afternoon Humidity was off the scale. Can't wait for the rains to start and cool it down.

Must be such a sacrifice living in the tropics eh gents? I love our seasonal UK weather - when I worked in Akron summerswere barely bearable :(

You guys don't want to know about Santa Cruz. We have the most moderate climate I've ever experienced in the US both for temperature and humidity.

Just around zero Celsius here in North East England, nothing noteworthy. Yet Metoffice is freaking out and issuing level 3 warnings for cold weather lol :confused:
Every winter it's the same thing: one snowflake in London and the whole UK is almost ready to shut down! I don't get it. In Northern Sweden where my family and I are from, we get between -15C and -30C this time of the year, a minimum of 50cm snow, blizzards strong enough to knock trees down, and people just get on with business as usual... ;)

meanwhile_in_finland.jpg

Last edited:
At least once last month I had to bring my shop up about 100 degrees F just to take my jacket off, hours to let the tools thaw. We averaged at -26.9 F here in Fairbanks for the month of January. Now that we have some warm weather blowing in at +30F I cant seem to get up to my shop. Did take the kids Ice fishing today though.

It went to 25C in my tiny workshop today, and I know the spring is coming to southern Taiwan. It starts with several ultra high humidity days, which is called "southern wind." The humiduty is so high that the wall is actually wet like a cold beer can.

Top Bottom