New Islander Concert

mr roper

Reaction score
Islander MSC-4 arrived today. Delivered Hawaii to New York in five days from order placed on HMS site. It sounds and plays just like I hoped it would. The mahogany and tortoise looks great and it came with a surprise. Inside the case HMS included a complimentary Herco humidifier. Smart move on their part to encourage new owners to care for their instrument and avoid warranty issues.

The Islanders are really nice. I got my son the MST-4 for Christmas, and the sound really develops in the first couple weeks, especially when you play it a lot. I enjoy the wider fretboard, and with the setup from HMS, the Islanders play so smoothly. Enjoy!

I could try to figure out how to post picts but there's also pictures on the HMS and Kanile'a sites.

Congrats...welcome to the club.

Congratulations! I hope we get to see a pic soon!

congratulations on the new islander..have fun and enjoy..Happy Strummings.. used to live in NYC UWS

...there's also pictures on the HMS and Kanile'a sites.
Here's pics of my dad's MSC-4, shot outdoors in morning light. The mahogany really does glow.

i1.jpg

i3.jpg

Bear, thanks for posting the picts. You're right about the mahogany. More towards gold than red and the finish has a little more luster than satin. The pin bridge is cool too. I'm gonna play this thing exclusively for a while. The concert size is great.

Top Bottom