Kalei Gamiao - The Unknown (cover)

ItsAMeCasey

Reaction score
Hey guys! I started working on this one ever since I first saw Kalei play it on Pakele live. I just recently got the motivation to record it though from Dominator's wonderful video tutorials. Make sure to check out his youtube to learn the first couple parts, and the whole thing should be up relatively soon. But yeah, hope you guys enjoy! I think I have to start working out or something cuz my arms were just about falling off at the end of this one! haha.

Amazing!

Your right hand was really puttin' in some work on that one.

I'm just now starting to learn it. That intro picking pattern is taking some time.

Great job, Casey!

Nice one Bu!

Casey, this is Fantastic! Even more so since you figured it out on your own without the help of tabs etc. Your right hand is wicked my friend. Great job.

Awesome work!!! You are boss. Hey what is that plastic thing you have on your uke?

Very nice! Your tutorial on the "Kalei Gamiao strum" really helped with learning this one.

Holy smokes!!! :worship:

Amazing!

Your right hand was really puttin' in some work on that one.

I'm just now starting to learn it. That intro picking pattern is taking some time.

Great job, Casey!

Thanks Ryan! The right hand definitely took a beating in this one. I played the picking in the beginning significantly different than the way Dominator teaches it (which is the correct way). Hope this doesn't serve as a source of confusion.

And when I first heard this song, I thought noone could ever cover it. Fantastic cover.

Thanks Alex! I thought no way as well when I first heard it, but slowly the bits and pieces came together haha.

Nice one Bu!

Mahalo!

Casey, this is Fantastic! Even more so since you figured it out on your own without the help of tabs etc. Your right hand is wicked my friend. Great job.

Thanks so much Dom! Again, thanks for all the assistance throughout my uke journey.

Awesome work!!! You are boss. Hey what is that plastic thing you have on your uke?

Thanks David! The plastic thing on my uke is a pickguard. I just put it on today, and I messed up pretty bad so it's not very even. Guess it doesn't really matter though cuz it still serves its purpose haha.

Awesome playing Casey!

Thanks very much!

Wow Casey, that was absolutely brilliant. You are totally "in the zone" sir!

Thanks haha! This is one of the few songs that I can really get into when playing.

Very nice! Your tutorial on the "Kalei Gamiao strum" really helped with learning this one.

Thanks George! Glad that the tutorial helped. Btw, thanks for the youtube videos. You might not know, but I learned Blue Roses Falling, Mach 4, and a handfull of other tunes from you, so thankyou!

Holy smokes!!! :worship:

Haha, thanks!

Dude I think your an unknown, keep putting things like this out and that will change. Like I said before, every video you get better by so much it's amazing.. what kind of magic juice are you drinking?

Casey, this is mindblowing. Totally awestruck by this one. My head is still shaking...wow :rock:

Dude I think your an unknown, keep putting things like this out and that will change. Like I said before, every video you get better by so much it's amazing.. what kind of magic juice are you drinking?

haha, thanks Colin! When I'm not at school/work, a ukes probably in my hands haha. I just play too much.

Great as always Casey.

Thanks very much!

Casey, this is mindblowing. Totally awestruck by this one. My head is still shaking...wow :rock:

Thanks Jon, I try my best haha. Glad you enjoyed!

Top Bottom