How long did your uke take to ship? (HMS)

LihnChee

Reaction score
So..
I ordered the MT-4 from HMS on the 1st of Feb, I haven't received a tracking number yet either, Is this normal?
Also, how long did it take you to get your uke (international)
with USPS?

Just so you know, I live in Adelaide Australia, and I ordered it with a case

Last edited:
Yes, it takes a little bit. I have ordered two from them recently. Both took almost a week to ship. Second one there was a mix up of some sort and it shipped and I didn't get notice. Emailed them and they sent me the tracking number. Guess they are selling a bunch and it just takes them a little while to get them set up. Once it arrives, you will forget about the wait. I am waiting on an MT-4 also.

Dude

Chill out!! They need to setup the uke and Feb 1st is only a couple of days ago. Shoot them an email and I'm sure you'll get a reply Monday. Good luck

Haha, sorry, it's just this is the first good uke i've ever had, I'm really excited and don't want anything to go wrong

Aloha lynnchee. Here at hms we do a full 100% setup and that takes time...during heavy volume time it can take several days...I checked and your ukulele is shipping Monday... It's only the 4th and you ordered on the first. No setups are done on weekends unless I do them personally for special customers. This is normal time for shipping if you want a quality setup instrument....we have just moved the shipping operations due to growth to a larger location of several thousand square feet and added two new workers to try and get the setup time down to 2 days max...mahalo and thanks for your concern mgm

Aloha lynnchee. Here at hms we do a full 100% setup and that takes time...during heavy volume time it can take several days...I checked and your ukulele is shipping Monday... It's only the 4th and you ordered on the first. No setups are done on weekends unless I do them personally for special customers. This is normal time for shipping if you want a quality setup instrument....we have just moved the shipping operations due to growth to a larger location of several thousand square feet and added two new workers to try and get the setup time down to 2 days max...mahalo and thanks for your concern mgm

Hope this also applies to my uke ordered on the 1st as well :) Honestly, I didn't know that it takes several days for the setup. But I'm completely OK with that in order to get great setup, especially from MGM :D.

Thanks for the explanation, Mike. That makes a lot of sense.

Shipping to Australla takes alot longer than that for sure..USPS flat rate boxes I send there is 4 weeks plus..
Unless you are willing to pay more for faster shipping..

Hey Linhchee, I reckon I've bought 50 ukes from the States / Hawaii!!! (I know...I have issues) but a standard delivery time is 10 days - 2 weeks. If setup is required prior to shipping you may as well add another 2 days on as well. The quickest I ever received a uke was 8 days. The longest was a touch over 4 weeks...but something went wrong there. Rest easy, in 4 years I've never had one problem in receiving ukes shipped from that part of the world.

It always takes at least 3-4 days before your uke wil be registered into the online tracking system, so certainly no cause for panic yet!!!!

Sharing your excitement and trust all works out fine. If Mike is involved there's no problem gonna happen. Enjoy your new baby and make sure you put up some pics when you get her!!! All the best!

I can definitely understand a little impatience. I order a lot from Amazon and so I'm used to stuff shipping the same day.

My Pono took 3 days from ordering to shipping. Which is pretty good, considering the care and attention HMS takes with setting up its ukes.

I can tell you that it arrived in perfect condition and is a dream to play. So hang in there, it will be worth the wait! :)

I ordered my MSC-4 on 1/29 and it arrived on 2/4. That's pretty impressive figuring setup and travel time from Hawaii to New York. Don't count on the USPS tracking too much. Mine never updated from the time it was at a sort facility in Hawaii until it was delivered.

I have a banjo uke stuck in US customs coming from the Netherlands. The tracking info from the shipping company (TNT) has been marked "At customs in destination country" for a week now. Anyone have any idea how long ukes take to get through customs coming from Europe?

I ordered an MT-4 from HMS on Jan. 26, it shipped on Jan. 31, and it's due here in Massachusetts on Feb. 8. I'm actually very happy with that, as I guessed two to three weeks, especially with time for set-up. To me, the anticipation is part of the fun, although I don't expect to run into the driveway and hug the UPS guy. By the way, all six Islander models are listed as out of stock on the HMS website.

I have a banjo uke stuck in US customs coming from the Netherlands. The tracking info from the shipping company (TNT) has been marked "At customs in destination country" for a week now. Anyone have any idea how long ukes take to get through customs coming from Europe?

I have no idea, but I do know the tracking system from TNT isn't very good, that's from my own experience of doing business with them for a couple of decades.
And Wim Van er Leden makes awesome instruments at reasonable prices.

i have ordered from them once and had a number of problems. slow shipping being just one. treated like a burden when i called another. i won't again.

Yah, it takes a couple days for the setup, then a couple more to clear customs in the lower 48, but well worth the wait, my bruddah.

Top Bottom