Another Kalei Gamiao-The Unknown cover attempt

GX9901

Reaction score
Here's a cover attempt at Kalei Gamiao's The Unknown. It's much worse than Casey's cover but I was pretty excited when this song came together for me today, so I wanted to upload something. One thing I noticed after watching this video is that I'm a lot worse at the "Kalei Gamiao strum" than I thought. LOL! I definitely need more practice.

Anyway, watch it and weep:

Right. I'm weeping because I'll never even get to this level in this lifetime. LOL. I've a feeling you'll post a significantly better version in a month or two. I love the tone of this uke! This is the super concert King, right? Keep up the great work, George.

Right. I'm weeping because I'll never even get to this level in this lifetime. LOL. I've a feeling you'll post a significantly better version in a month or two. I love the tone of this uke! This is the super concert King, right? Keep up the great work, George.

Thanks Drew. You know I just realized recently that I've been playing the ukulele for 5 years. I think if you play for long enough you end up playing pieces you never thought you could play. A lot of stuff I'm playing now I never thought I could ever play during my first couple of years. I'm sure if you keep at it you will be able to play stuff you never thought possible.

I'm playing the Glyph mezzo-soprano in this video.

Great job George.

Thanks Dom! Thanks again for your tutorial. It was definitely an inspiration to try and learn this one.

Great job George! You figured the song it crazy fast haha. It's cool to listen to your version and hear how we interpret the piece differently.

Thanks! I think you made it more of your own thing. I'm just being a straight copy cat version. :)

Nicely performed, George!

it's a tough song and you did it justice.

That uke sounds really good too!

Top Bottom