Lefties out there?

I'm a lefty but I just learned how to play right handed...

haha yea.. i've tried switching. props to you cuz i tried for a good month or so and it was jsut too hard. cuz all the chords were already upsidedown in my head. haha if that makes any sense...

upside-down ukes

I've got a couple lefties at the school I teach at - I usually tell them to try right hand first, but if it's too hard, just learn to flip it and play upside down. It's just more convenient to know how to play a regular-stringed uke (whether right hand or upside-down) because if you ever have to borrow somebody else's, 99.9% of the time it will be stringed regular.

Some of the chords are pretty hard to hold upside down though, but where there's a will, there's a way. Keep jammin - and post some vids! Lefties are usually the greatest players to watch.

Attachments

• 66269_156133381087799_108257862542018_319392_2929810_n.jpg
    66269_156133381087799_108257862542018_319392_2929810_n.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 6
just flip it but re-string it so its the right way up for you... no? so it doesnt have to be upside down...

Attachments

• 8107.attach
    96 KB · Views: 34
just flip it but re-string it so its the right way up for you... no? so it doesnt have to be upside down...

then it would still be awkward for me cuz i'm strumming with my right hand isntead of my left.. haha i've tried that too tho.. but i seem to be fine the way i'm goin. haha i'll get a vid up sometime soon so u can see^_^

word. I couldn't understand the backwards-ness of the strings playing left handed so I just found right handed easier. Are there any other people like that besides me and Terrell?

I'm left handed also, although I restrung mine instead of flipping it upside down :)

I'm lefty. I use to play with left but I switched because my teacher said it was bad so I switched to right and I got use to it. A little harder in the beginning but it turned out good.

i'm actually ambidexterous therefore i get confused sometimes haha even when i dj... i can move the fader really well with my right hand, but at the same time i can move the record really well rith my right hand.. i play basketball shooting with my left... cut food with my left... and write with my right... as for the guitar & uke, i forced myself to pick it up as a right-hander

I am lefty but play right handed.

There are a quite a few good guitarists and ukulele players who do the flipped thing so you're not alone.

well im a right hand. I have only 1 friend that plays with his left..

i'm actually ambidexterous therefore i get confused sometimes haha even when i dj... i can move the fader really well with my right hand, but at the same time i can move the record really well rith my right hand.. i play basketball shooting with my left... cut food with my left... and write with my right... as for the guitar & uke, i forced myself to pick it up as a right-hander

Wow! I wish I was ambidextrous like you! I had a friend from hawaii in school who played pingpong with his right hand, played tennis with his left hand, shot a basketball with his right hand, threw a baseball with his left hand, and kicked with his left leg. I think he wrote with his right hand too. He didn't play uke though, but I'll bet if he did he'd play lefty.

Top Bottom