My 2nd arrangement/rendition: The Way You Look Tonight

smellofstrings

Reaction score

Hey guys! Thanks for all of your support for my previous video! I finally recorded my second rendition this afternoon! Hope you like it :eek:

** Please watch in 480p or above as YouTube made my video and audio a bit unsync in 360p... **

Last edited:
Wow, that was beautiful and excellently played. You play the uke very well, I am impressed.

I agree, that was beautifully played. Nice job!

Love it and so impressed this is an original arrangement!

As mentioned in the video description, I arranged it based on AJ Rafael's cover. I adopted his intro and chords used. So I'd say 80% are my original! Thanks so much for your comment!

Bowled over on that one- you are one heck of a player mate, great arrangement

My English is not so good... I don't understand what are "bowled over on" and "you are one heck of"... But anyway, I'll take that as a compliment! Haha ^^

Go for it William, you've got what it takes mate. Great song choice and talented playing.

Thanks for your support!

hey William, this is just brilliant. You are such a smooth player and your arrangement is lovely. And that ukulele...WOW!!!!! You bring out the very best in it. :)

hey William, this is just brilliant. You are such a smooth player and your arrangement is lovely. And that ukulele...WOW!!!!! You bring out the very best in it. :)

Thank you. But in fact, really not that smooth... Behind the scene I took countless shots to get just one satisfied take. For the sound, I added some reverb and adjusted the EQ a bit to add presence to thin sound.

I speak for the x-men when I say your arrangements are outstanding! excelsior!

You should start putting together some tabs--I'll bet they would really be popular. You've got talent, kid!

You should start putting together some tabs--I'll bet they would really be popular. You've got talent, kid!

Thank you for your comment! Regarding tabs... that's just too time-consuming for me to write them down. However, I did cite the source of where I learnt the chords in the video description.

To arrange a chord solo. I first need a set a nice sounding chords. Normally I don't listen to the original song and figure out the chords by myself. Rather, I search for the "best" (to my ears) cover on YouTube and then adopt the chords used by that player. Usually, I also add/alter some chords to fit my style. The next step is to "imagine" my arrangement. The song plays over and over again in my brain with different tempo until I can pick a fun one. Finally I return to my uke and try to add melody on those chords. Most importantly, throughout the whole process I seldom write anything down. I had once tried to tab my arrangement but after two lines I quitted because those strumming and picking patterns drove me nuts!!!

But I really appreciated your advice! Although I believe that I won't have the patience to tab my arrangement, I will consider to post all of the chords used in my next vid. Thanks again!!!

Yeah, if you wouldn't mind listing the chords you found, that would be awesome

Thank you for your comment! Regarding tabs... that's just too time-consuming for me to write them down. However, I did cite the source of where I learnt the chords in the video description.

To arrange a chord solo. I first need a set a nice sounding chords. Normally I don't listen to the original song and figure out the chords by myself. Rather, I search for the "best" (to my ears) cover on YouTube and then adopt the chords used by that player. Usually, I also add/alter some chords to fit my style. The next step is to "imagine" my arrangement. The song plays over and over again in my brain with different tempo until I can pick a fun one. Finally I return to my uke and try to add melody on those chords. Most importantly, throughout the whole process I seldom write anything down. I had once tried to tab my arrangement but after two lines I quitted because those strumming and picking patterns drove me nuts!!!

But I really appreciated your advice! Although I believe that I won't have the patience to tab my arrangement, I will consider to post all of the chords used in my next vid. Thanks again!!!

Top Bottom