PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd arrangement/rendition: The Way You Look Tonight

smellofstrings
02-05-2012, 02:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBksbb5rwpY

Hey guys! Thanks for all of your support for my previous video! I finally recorded my second rendition this afternoon! Hope you like it :o

** Please watch in 480p or above as YouTube made my video and audio a bit unsync in 360p... **

roxhum
02-05-2012, 04:29 AM
Wow, that was beautiful and excellently played. You play the uke very well, I am impressed.

smellofstrings
02-05-2012, 04:55 AM
Wow, that was beautiful and excellently played. You play the uke very well, I am impressed.

Thank you!!! But actually I need numerous shots to get a satisfied take... so... not that good :rolleyes: Haha ;)

TCK
02-05-2012, 05:11 AM
Bowled over on that one- you are one heck of a player mate, great arrangement

krisseye
02-05-2012, 05:45 AM
Love it and so impressed this is an original arrangement!

RyRod
02-05-2012, 05:46 AM
I agree, that was beautifully played. Nice job!

smellofstrings
02-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Love it and so impressed this is an original arrangement!

As mentioned in the video description, I arranged it based on AJ Rafael's cover. I adopted his intro and chords used. So I'd say 80% are my original! Thanks so much for your comment!

smellofstrings
02-05-2012, 12:19 PM
I agree, that was beautifully played. Nice job!

Thank you Ryan!

Camsuke
02-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Go for it William, you've got what it takes mate. Great song choice and talented playing.

smellofstrings
02-07-2012, 04:44 AM
Bowled over on that one- you are one heck of a player mate, great arrangement

My English is not so good... I don't understand what are "bowled over on" and "you are one heck of"... But anyway, I'll take that as a compliment! Haha ^^

Go for it William, you've got what it takes mate. Great song choice and talented playing.

Thanks for your support!

Hippie Dribble
02-07-2012, 09:30 AM
hey William, this is just brilliant. You are such a smooth player and your arrangement is lovely. And that ukulele...WOW!!!!! You bring out the very best in it. :)

smellofstrings
02-07-2012, 12:06 PM
hey William, this is just brilliant. You are such a smooth player and your arrangement is lovely. And that ukulele...WOW!!!!! You bring out the very best in it. :)

Thank you. But in fact, really not that smooth... Behind the scene I took countless shots to get just one satisfied take. For the sound, I added some reverb and adjusted the EQ a bit to add presence to thin sound.

Stevelele
02-07-2012, 12:21 PM
I speak for the x-men when I say your arrangements are outstanding! excelsior!

Stevelele
02-07-2012, 02:23 PM
You should start putting together some tabs--I'll bet they would really be popular. You've got talent, kid!

smellofstrings
02-07-2012, 02:56 PM
You should start putting together some tabs--I'll bet they would really be popular. You've got talent, kid!

Thank you for your comment! Regarding tabs... that's just too time-consuming for me to write them down. However, I did cite the source of where I learnt the chords in the video description.

To arrange a chord solo. I first need a set a nice sounding chords. Normally I don't listen to the original song and figure out the chords by myself. Rather, I search for the "best" (to my ears) cover on YouTube and then adopt the chords used by that player. Usually, I also add/alter some chords to fit my style. The next step is to "imagine" my arrangement. The song plays over and over again in my brain with different tempo until I can pick a fun one. Finally I return to my uke and try to add melody on those chords. Most importantly, throughout the whole process I seldom write anything down. I had once tried to tab my arrangement but after two lines I quitted because those strumming and picking patterns drove me nuts!!!

But I really appreciated your advice! Although I believe that I won't have the patience to tab my arrangement, I will consider to post all of the chords used in my next vid. Thanks again!!!

ukeykondo
02-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Yeah, if you wouldn't mind listing the chords you found, that would be awesome

Thank you for your comment! Regarding tabs... that's just too time-consuming for me to write them down. However, I did cite the source of where I learnt the chords in the video description.

To arrange a chord solo. I first need a set a nice sounding chords. Normally I don't listen to the original song and figure out the chords by myself. Rather, I search for the "best" (to my ears) cover on YouTube and then adopt the chords used by that player. Usually, I also add/alter some chords to fit my style. The next step is to "imagine" my arrangement. The song plays over and over again in my brain with different tempo until I can pick a fun one. Finally I return to my uke and try to add melody on those chords. Most importantly, throughout the whole process I seldom write anything down. I had once tried to tab my arrangement but after two lines I quitted because those strumming and picking patterns drove me nuts!!!

But I really appreciated your advice! Although I believe that I won't have the patience to tab my arrangement, I will consider to post all of the chords used in my next vid. Thanks again!!!