A Little Wood gloat

mrhandy

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I went over to the house of a woodworking club member. He and his wife are moving out of their house and into a retirement community. He had some spruce he had saved from a Piano and wanted to give it to me to see if I could do anything with it... I'm not sure if I will but I will try... anyway the gloat is, He worked a lot in south America and brought back pieces of wood for his woodworking, most of it in the 50s and 60s i believe... anyway he had a chunk of rosewood he had brought back with him many years ago and he never did anything with it, so he gave it to me... It had some pretty big checks, but I worked around them and and cut out 8 Fingerboard blanks, and enough chunks to get at least that many bridges...
the chunk started out about 3' long 3" wide and maybe 2" thick. and it is relatively QS. Here are some pics...

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 95
You should have seen the pile of wood...literally tons and tons of stuff...that John Roberts (Juan Roberto of Roberto-Venn Lutherie School) brought back from Central America in the 1960s. Unfortunately, it wound up outside in Tempe, Arizona, and was mostly lost to checking, warping, and the desert sun.

You should have seen the pile of wood...literally tons and tons of stuff...that John Roberts (Juan Roberto of Roberto-Venn Lutherie School) brought back from Central America in the 1960s. Unfortunately, it wound up outside in Tempe, Arizona, and was mostly lost to checking, warping, and the desert sun.

don't forget scorpions... one of the many hazards of attending the Roberto-Venn school back in the 80's

Top Bottom