Super Bore

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
Anyone else find 22 millionaires playing a kids game fairly uninteresting? Am I weird? I am off to play my uke and drink a cool one. It's 6:30 and still 70 degrees down here. I am working on "We Just Couldn't Say Goodbye" and some Elivs Tunes for "Elvis Night".

Monday morning here in OZ..coverage is live on TV...I usually have a glance for 10 minutes here and there but not totally into it. They do have superbowl parties though. I think I'm fascinated by the hype and glitz as much as anything, and the ads ...and the um, cheerleaders. I confess the most I've learned about NFL is from reading the Peanuts strips where Lucy pulls the ball out from under Charlie Brown's feet...man it'd be funny if someone actually did that in a game :biglaugh:

Anyone else find 22 millionaires playing a kids game fairly uninteresting? Am I weird? I am off to play my uke and drink a cool one. It's 6:30 and still 70 degrees down here. I am working on "We Just Couldn't Say Goodbye" and some Elivs Tunes for "Elvis Night".

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger! If they never played another professional sports game (of any kind) again, I wouldn't notice. Not only are they all millionaires, they're SPOILED millionaires who wouldn't recognize sportsmanship if it jumped up and BIT them. Okay, I'll stop. But, man, they annoy me....

I'm with you! Who could be indoors on such a beautiful day? (80 degrees here.) On second thought, why am I in the shop making fret boards?

A true ukulele player would never turn down a chance at free finger food and beer.

I happen to love football. This year wasn't an ideal match up for me, but I kept my eye on the game. Iwas building a case today, so I looked up occasionally to wee what was going on. Theclast 5 mins were a good watch, but overall the game was a bit boring.

Madona's last song was nicely done. World Peace with all the lights. That was the only part my wife and I watched.

Last edited:
It was weird, nobody was racing up and down the road in front of the house as usual, a pleasant quiet night. I guess everybody was watching the game.

I have to say my wife and I did not even know it was Superbowl Sunday till we were headed to bed. We dont watch tv much and for some reason we just never heard it till about ten last night. I loved sports as a kid and even played football in school but for some reason I just dont follow it any more. now that we dont watch tv lots seem to pass us by without us even caring. Beer and finger food sounds good though. Life sure has changed over the years.

Didn't even watch the game, just hanging out with the family watching other stuff we had recorded earlier in the week.. HOpe you had fun playing your uke!

Here I thought I was the only guy around who didn't give a wet slap about the game.

Personally, I tend to reserve my sporting hysteria for the quadrennial World Cup (and, to a lesser extent, the Stanley Cup). But World Cup aside, I will always opt for going out and enjoying a nice day over sitting in front of a television and shouting over what my biased eyes perceive as a bad call from a referee.

I thought it was a pretty good game.

College football is more fun anyway.

I wouldn't have minded catching it on TV. Usually in Euroland, Sterling Sharpe is the commentator. It wasn't on any of the channels that we get though, which is a first. No one in Finland cared.

Didn't bother with it - I don't follow hockey.

-Kurt​

I pretty much lost all interest in so-called professional sports when various player's unions started going on strike for more millions. Never was huge into any particular team - haven't known any of 'em where either the players or owners would give me the time of day if I bumped into 'em on the street so can't bring myself to get all worked up about their day, either.

I do enjoy watching a good game once in a while but, frankly, you're more likely to get a good game with college ball than the pros. Happened to see the game last night 'cause was invited to a friend's house for tacos and whatnot and decided it would be good to get out of the house. Have to admit I got a good chuckle out of the last NY touchdown. Most reluctant touchdown I've ever seen. LOL

I didn't even know which teams were going to be playing though until they started announcing the lineups.

John

Top Bottom