FS: Breedlove Tenor Mint

Joshypogi

Reaction score
Aloha:

Here I have for sale is a Breedlove Tenor American series ukulele. In perfect mint condition. I only played it a few times. I am the original of this beautiful uke. This is not a factory second.

The craftsmanship is high quality with radiused ebony fingerboard and 17" scale. Other refinements include black binding, an ebony bridge, and chrome tuners.

I am selling this to fund my upcoming completion of a custom ukulele.

I believe the price for this uke went up $1,399 which is the lowest I can find on the internet. I am selling this $950 shipped in the USA with PayPal.

MahaloIMG_1953.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice. I wonder what woods the back, sides and top are made of? Finish?

What is saple? I had a Taylor guitar that I think had some saple in it but had never heard of it before then.

Sapele is a reddish-brown wood that in many ways is very similar to Mahogany. I believe it is native to tropical Africa.

What is saple? I had a Taylor guitar that I think had some saple in it but had never heard of it before then.

This is such a sweet tenor. I see what you say, Joshypogi, about it from the Breedlove site and the youtube videos on it. Surprised someone hasn't pulled the trigger yet.

Q: Is the intonation spot on? Is Breedlove's warranty to original buyer only (I assume it is) and do you have receipt original sale to include in the sale (so someone can show at least when it was bought)? And, is the case original Breedlove that came with the uke? Nonsmoking home, I assume, right? Thanks

It's really nice, and as I said, there are youtube sound samples of this American Tenor model that sound out of this world.

The intonation is spot on. The uke was bought new on 9/28/2011 from ukulele hotline. I still have the receipt. The breedlove case is included, one of the best uke cases. It comes from a non smoking home. Breedlove warranty is to the original owner.

I also own the koa master class tenor and both are great ukes. I got a Ko'olau custom coming my way in March that's why I'm selling this.

This is such a sweet tenor. I see what you say, Joshypogi, about it from the Breedlove site and the youtube videos on it. Surprised someone hasn't pulled the trigger yet.

Q: Is the intonation spot on? Is Breedlove's warranty to original buyer only (I assume it is) and do you have receipt original sale to include in the sale (so someone can show at least when it was bought)? And, is the case original Breedlove that came with the uke? Nonsmoking home, I assume, right? Thanks

It's really nice, and as I said, there are youtube sound samples of this American Tenor model that sound out of this world.

Last edited:
I personally had the privilege of playing the Breedlove Spruce Top/Sapele Back & Sides Tenor uke @ the 2012 NAMM SHOW. IMHO, it's way too bright for my taste. I think a lot of people who end up buying them, especially without having physically played them first, are finding out that they are too bright as well. That's why you see a lot of them up for re-sale. Just sayin'.

However, the Breedlove Master Class Curly Koa Tenor w/gloss finish is an AWESOME uke!!!

cnkg&u: I have never played one, but I understand what you are saying may be true. That said, can't less bright, i.e. more mellow, strings like Fremont Blacklines or Worths soften the gleem? Just asking.

cnkg&u: I have never played one, but I understand what you are saying may be true. That said, can't less bright, i.e. more mellow, strings like Fremont Blacklines or Worths soften the gleem? Just asking.

coolkayaker1,

Mellower strings would probably help just a tad, but not much. I'm pretty sure that's why a lot of UU members who have bought them, turn around and sell them pretty fast. The Breedlove Spruce top/Sapele Back & Sides uke is just way too bright.

I'm sure that there's a preference for bright sounding ukes out there. It all comes down to personal preference. To each his own.

Top Bottom