PDA

View Full Version : FS: Breedlove Tenor Mint

Joshypogi
02-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Aloha:

Here I have for sale is a Breedlove Tenor American series ukulele. In perfect mint condition. I only played it a few times. I am the original of this beautiful uke. This is not a factory second.

The craftsmanship is high quality with radiused ebony fingerboard and 17" scale. Other refinements include black binding, an ebony bridge, and chrome tuners.

I am selling this to fund my upcoming completion of a custom ukulele.

I believe the price for this uke went up $1,399 which is the lowest I can find on the internet. I am selling this $950 shipped in the USA with PayPal.

Mahalo33221

strumsilly
02-05-2012, 04:43 PM
we only get 1 small picture. how about the back. headstock, neck, tuners?

Joshypogi
02-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Here are more photos..3322433225332263322733228

Joshypogi
02-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Any takers for $850?

Joshypogi
02-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Valentines Bump :o

Joshypogi
02-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Aloha Friday bump.

itsscottwilder
02-17-2012, 01:27 PM
It's a beautiful instrument. Just way way out of my spending limit.

I'm sure you'll find the right buyer soon.

rbeetsme
02-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Looks nice. I wonder what woods the back, sides and top are made of? Finish?

Joshypogi
02-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Thanks.. The back and sides are made of solid sapele. The finish is satin.

Looks nice. I wonder what woods the back, sides and top are made of? Finish?

slackkey007
02-17-2012, 04:54 PM
The top is spruce.

Markr1
02-17-2012, 05:12 PM
What is saple? I had a Taylor guitar that I think had some saple in it but had never heard of it before then.

Markr1
02-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Are those butterbean tuners?

Joshypogi
02-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Yes, the top is solid Sitka spruce.

The top is spruce.

Joshypogi
02-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Sapele is a reddish-brown wood that in many ways is very similar to Mahogany. I believe it is native to tropical Africa.

What is saple? I had a Taylor guitar that I think had some saple in it but had never heard of it before then.

Joshypogi
02-17-2012, 06:43 PM
I believe these are chrome open-back 780 gotoh tuners, resembles the waverly butterbeans. Quality tuners in my opinion.

Are those butterbean tuners?

coolkayaker1
02-18-2012, 04:51 AM
This is such a sweet tenor. I see what you say, Joshypogi, about it from the Breedlove site and the youtube videos on it. Surprised someone hasn't pulled the trigger yet.

Q: Is the intonation spot on? Is Breedlove's warranty to original buyer only (I assume it is) and do you have receipt original sale to include in the sale (so someone can show at least when it was bought)? And, is the case original Breedlove that came with the uke? Nonsmoking home, I assume, right? Thanks

It's really nice, and as I said, there are youtube sound samples of this American Tenor model that sound out of this world.

Joshypogi
02-18-2012, 08:47 AM
The intonation is spot on. The uke was bought new on 9/28/2011 from ukulele hotline. I still have the receipt. The breedlove case is included, one of the best uke cases. It comes from a non smoking home. Breedlove warranty is to the original owner.

I also own the koa master class tenor and both are great ukes. I got a Ko'olau custom coming my way in March that's why I'm selling this.

This is such a sweet tenor. I see what you say, Joshypogi, about it from the Breedlove site and the youtube videos on it. Surprised someone hasn't pulled the trigger yet.

Q: Is the intonation spot on? Is Breedlove's warranty to original buyer only (I assume it is) and do you have receipt original sale to include in the sale (so someone can show at least when it was bought)? And, is the case original Breedlove that came with the uke? Nonsmoking home, I assume, right? Thanks

It's really nice, and as I said, there are youtube sound samples of this American Tenor model that sound out of this world.

KimosTherapy
02-19-2012, 08:38 AM
I personally had the privilege of playing the Breedlove Spruce Top/Sapele Back & Sides Tenor uke @ the 2012 NAMM SHOW. IMHO, it's way too bright for my taste. I think a lot of people who end up buying them, especially without having physically played them first, are finding out that they are too bright as well. That's why you see a lot of them up for re-sale. Just sayin'.

However, the Breedlove Master Class Curly Koa Tenor w/gloss finish is an AWESOME uke!!!

coolkayaker1
02-19-2012, 01:40 PM
cnkg&u: I have never played one, but I understand what you are saying may be true. That said, can't less bright, i.e. more mellow, strings like Fremont Blacklines or Worths soften the gleem? Just asking.

KimosTherapy
02-19-2012, 02:07 PM
cnkg&u: I have never played one, but I understand what you are saying may be true. That said, can't less bright, i.e. more mellow, strings like Fremont Blacklines or Worths soften the gleem? Just asking.

coolkayaker1,

Mellower strings would probably help just a tad, but not much. I'm pretty sure that's why a lot of UU members who have bought them, turn around and sell them pretty fast. The Breedlove Spruce top/Sapele Back & Sides uke is just way too bright.

I'm sure that there's a preference for bright sounding ukes out there. It all comes down to personal preference. To each his own.

Joshypogi
02-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Choosing an ukulele ultimately boils down to personal preference. A lot people do not like KoAloha's because of the loudness, but to me I love it loud. I do not know about the statement about Breedlove being sold because its too bright...the other breedlove that's for sale in the forum is because the seller do not like the tenor size ukes.

I personally had the privilege of playing the Breedlove Spruce Top/Sapele Back & Sides Tenor uke @ the 2012 NAMM SHOW. IMHO, it's way too bright for my taste. I think a lot of people who end up buying them, especially without having physically played them first, are finding out that they are too bright as well. That's why you see a lot of them up for re-sale. Just sayin'.

However, the Breedlove Master Class Curly Koa Tenor w/gloss finish is an AWESOME uke!!!

chrimess
02-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Choosing an ukulele ultimately boils down to personal preference. A lot people do not like KoAloha's because of the loudness, but to me I love it loud. I do not know about the statement about Breedlove being sold because its too bright...the other breedlove that's for sale in the forum is because the seller do not like the tenor size ukes.

To me, it is nicely balanced and will only get better over time. One of the best non-Hawaiian luthiers.

KimosTherapy
02-19-2012, 03:44 PM

JFYI, there have been many Breedlove Spruce Top/Sapele Back & Side Tenor ukes that have been sold over the past several months by the original owners who didn't own them for very long. Did you see the comparison video that Chris (Nuprin) made between 3 Custom tenors and the Breedlove Spruce/Sapele tenor? The Breedlove was strung with Worth Browns, too. Chris ended up selling his Breedlove tenor. It sounded bright in the video, but in person, the one that I played was much brighter.

Here's Chris' blind sound sample of all 4 ukes and also the video comparison of the same ukes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh46H7yyv0k&list=UUfPcsnrnmZ9aObT-ugXRoIQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Here's the link to Chris' (Nuprin)Thread:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?57396-Tenor-Ukulele-Comparison-Video&highlight=comparison+tenor+ukes

Joshypogi
02-19-2012, 04:06 PM
I do not think its too bright. I own a custom MP tenor(spruce top) as well and compared it...just like Chrimess said its well balanced.

JFYI, there have been many Breedlove Spruce Top/Sapele Back & Side Tenor ukFes that have been sold over the past several months by the original owners who didn't own them for very long. Did you see the comparison video that Chris (Nuprin) made between 3 Custom tenors and the Breedlove Spruce/Sapele tenor? The Breedlove was strung with Worth Browns, too. Chris ended up selling his Breedlove tenor. It sounded bright in the video, but in person, the one that I played was much brighter.

Here's Chris' blind sound sample of all 4 ukes and also the video comparison of the same ukes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh46H7yyv0k&list=UUfPcsnrnmZ9aObT-ugXRoIQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Here's the link to Chris' (Nuprin)Thread:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?57396-Tenor-Ukulele-Comparison-Video&highlight=comparison+tenor+ukes

KimosTherapy
02-19-2012, 04:21 PM
The Breedlove uke that Chris (Nuprin) owned and played in the video comparison was strung with Worth Browns and did sound better. Not quite as bright as the one I played. But it's still quite bright in my opinion. I also think that MP ukes tend to be on the bright side as well. That's just me. The Breedlove Spruce/Sapele ukes are nice ukes, just not for me.

I do like the Breedlove Master Class Curly Koa glossy tenor a lot! The two Breedlove ukes are like night and day in sound and tone.

Markr1
02-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Joshypogy why are you letting someone diss your uke? If someone was doing that to one I had for sale I think I would be a little pissed especially if your uke is not for them. What do they care then?

allanr
02-19-2012, 04:53 PM
That's a really nice uke at a decent price. Ukes are supposed to sound bright. They are ukuleles, not teeny-weeny four-string guitars, and strings can do a lot to increase/decrease the perceived brightness of a uke.

KimosTherapy
02-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Joshypogy why are you letting someone diss your uke? If someone was doing that to one I had for sale I think I would be a little pissed especially if your uke is not for them. What do they care then?

Hey Markr1,

If you read my posts, you would know that I'm not dissing Joshypogi's uke and singling it out. I was just giving my personal opinion of the Breedlove Spruce/Sapele tenor in general. I have physically played two of them myself, unlike many who only hear sound samples and see video samples - which doesn't really compare to hearing them in person. Sound and video samples have too many variables that affect the sound. But they do give you a general idea what they sound like to some extent.

I did say that they are nice ukes, but not my cup of tea. However, the Breedlove Master Class Curly Koa Custom Shop tenor is pretty darn AWESOME!

Ho, Bruddah Joshypogi - I apologize if there was a misunderstanding. I have no beef with you. I wasn't dissing YOUR uke at all. Just a generalization of my personal opinion of Breedlove Spruce/Sapele ukes. I am a fan of Breedlove instruments and own a Breedlove Pro Series C25 CRH Acoustic Electric guitar - it rocks!

By the way Mark, you're welcome for the help you had asked for when you were having trouble with posting a video clip recently.

Markr1
02-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the help with the video posting.
Hey Markr1,

If you read my posts, you would know that I'm not dissing Joshypogi's uke and singling it out. I was just giving my personal opinion of the Breedlove Spruce/Sapele tenor in general. I have physically played two of them myself, unlike many who only hear sound samples and see video samples - which doesn't really compare to hearing them in person. Sound and video samples have too many variables that affect the sound. But they do give you a general idea what they sound like to some extent.

I did say that they are nice ukes, but not my cup of tea. However, the Breedlove Master Class Curly Koa Custom Shop tenor is pretty darn AWESOME!

Ho, Bruddah Joshypogi - I apologize if there was a misunderstanding. I have no beef with you. I wasn't dissing YOUR uke at all. Just a generalization of my personal opinion of Breedlove Spruce/Sapele ukes. I am a fan of Breedlove instruments and own a Breedlove Pro Series C25 CRH Acoustic Electric guitar - it rocks!

By the way Mark, you're welcome for the help you had asked for when you were having trouble with posting a video clip recently.

coolkayaker1
02-22-2012, 05:02 PM
This is such a fine ukulele, and with the retail from Breedlove now at $1800, and the actual sale price at $1399, I';m shocked it's still for sale.