Making Videos

SamWise

Reaction score
So, I have a webcam (probably not the best one ever, but meh). I have a good studio condenser mic. I have Sonar recording suite. But my webcam didn't come with any video recording software, and I have no idea how to sync stuff to video even if it did.

So, my idea is to record some tracks as just straight guitar or uke and vocals, me in front of the mic. What software would I need to do that? Free software, that is!

I'd also like to multitrack some stuff, but video myself doing the vocal take, perhaps, then sync the whole track to that video. What could I use to do that? This is strictly for Youtube you understand. Not looking to take over MTV. Yet.

I think people generally use Windows Movie Maker for their editing needs.

You can actually use a combination of both. You use audacity to creat the audio files and once your done, save it as an mp3. The film your video and cut out the audio on Windows Movie Maker. The you just align the audio bar with the video and match it up. I'm still working on this and trying to master it. My problem is that the tempo of my video is diffferent from my audio.

You can actually use a combination of both. You use audacity to creat the audio files and once your done, save it as an mp3. The film your video and cut out the audio on Windows Movie Maker. The you just align the audio bar with the video and match it up. I'm still working on this and trying to master it. My problem is that the tempo of my video is diffferent from my audio.

do you play along to the original audio track while recording the video?

Why not just record video into Windows Movie Maker and audio into Audacity at the same time?

That's what I would do. I wouldn't be using Audacity, since I have Sonar, but I'd just run the webcam while performing, or in the case of multi-tracked stuff, while doing to vocal take.

I know some people (Jaaaaaaaa noteably) will video themselves performing all the tracks, and cut them together, but I don't think I've got the energy for that. We'll see.

hey does anyone know, that little camera that comes on new MAC laptops, is that any good for like recording video and audio and what not?

im a PC guy, so all i know is like Adobe Audition for audio recording since i work in radio it is what i am familiar with, but for like video recording, my GF just got a new MAC Laptop and it comes with that camera built in already...so i was just wondering if anyone does it using that?

hey does anyone know, that little camera that comes on new MAC laptops, is that any good for like recording video and audio and what not?

im a PC guy, so all i know is like Adobe Audition for audio recording since i work in radio it is what i am familiar with, but for like video recording, my GF just got a new MAC Laptop and it comes with that camera built in already...so i was just wondering if anyone does it using that?

thats all i use. the vid quality on my youtube page, however, has been dumbed down though, because i have very little patience for uploading a high quality video onto youtube (i did one and it took an hour).

but for just starting out, the hardware and software on that mac book is very versatile and you will have hours of fun making vids and learning the different features of it.

thats all i use. the vid quality on my youtube page, however, has been dumbed down though, because i have very little patience for uploading a high quality video onto youtube (i did one and it took an hour).

but for just starting out, the hardware and software on that mac book is very versatile and you will have hours of fun making vids and learning the different features of it.

Thanks Nuke! i appreciate it, i was just wondering, i probably wouldnt post anything up on Youtube...i might scare people away with how bad i am at both playing and singing...but thanks...i just wanted to see if it was good enough to play around with.:nana:

Man, I so wants me a web cam but I just can't afford to shell out the bucks right now. It'd probably be smart for me to go for one that works with my (slightly elderly) Mac since that's where my vid and audio software lives.

The camera I currently make my vids on eats batteries like a mad battery-eating thing and it doesn't have any way to be in front of it and see what it's seeing. This makes framing a beast (unless I convince someone to run it for me) and makes all those cool editing things harder. You can't really edit in closeups of your blazing right hand *cough* if you can't tell that you're actually focused in on it.

One of these times I'll be able to fork over the money for a web cam and then everybody will get rapidly sick of hearing about my new videos. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom