Brand New Islander MT-4

tnfishdaddy

Reaction score
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

I just received my Islander MT-4 from Hawaii Music Supply. I purchased it to use out and about at my son's ball practices and other places I like to kill time. I have a Pono tenor that is my main uke that I just was scared to haul around and use. Anyways, I ordered the Islander and it just arrived and looks and sounds great. The problem is a friend of mine called yesterday with a deal that is too good to pass up on a Fender Stratocaster. My wife is going to kill me but I can't pass this deal up. I need to raise a little money and I really don't need this Islander. I will post up pictures according to the rules tonight. I have to keep the clock at my school's basketball games until about 10 est. I paid $127 for the uke, $35 for a Uke Crazy hard shell nylon covered case. I will pay shipping to the lower 48 states. I am selling this for $140 to my paypal account. Like I said, I will post the required pictures later tonight after the ball games. I just opened this thing to make sure it arrived safely but I need to move it.

Last edited:
Oooo ... Fish, those Stratocasters gotz a strong pull. I understand!

I like the way the bridge looks strikingly similar to the Kanelia. It's a clean look. It's a pretty uke.

Oooo ... Fish, those Stratocasters gotz a strong pull. I understand!

I have always wanted a Stratocaster. I use to dream of being able to play like Hendrix or SRV on one. I have tried to play guitar in the past and failed miserably. Learning how to play the ukulele has actually given me the confidence to try it again. I use to think I had no musical ability and I at least know now it is possible. This is a great looking ukulele and will make someone a great uke. I just can't pass up the deal on the guitar that I have always dreamed of. Trying to be smart and not eat into savings so some things need to go.

Hi HMS do a set up on their ukes dont they? I guess the first question is, is it set up? Action ok? Second question is, and I guess the biggest one, would you be willing to send it across the pond? I'm in Coventry, UK. Let me know, I may just be interested as I am in the market for a Tenor at the moment.

It is set up by HMS and they do a great job. I am not sure about sending overseas mainly because I am not sure what is involved having never done it. I don't know if what shipper to use or anything. Let me check and see how that works and I will send you a pm.

I like the way the bridge looks strikingly similar to the Kanelia.
That's not a surprise since Islander is Kanile'a's "economy" line. Body shape, neck profile, fret spacing and width at nut are also nearly identical to the K-1. The MT-4 body is deeper and the whole uke is heavier. You can't really compare the two lines in either sound or build quality, but there is definitely a family resemblance.

It is set up by HMS and they do a great job. I am not sure about sending overseas mainly because I am not sure what is involved having never done it. I don't know if what shipper to use or anything. Let me check and see how that works and I will send you a pm.
sent one to wales. I used USPS international. not much different , you just need a plastic envelope[zip lock bag] so the customs forms can be taken out. I think the soprano I shipped was 30-40 dollars.

I do want an MT-4 in addition to my MST-4 but I'm going to resist this temptation. I need the funds for a guitar upgrade right now.

Final price drop to $130 shipped to lower 48. If it doesn't sell at this price, guess I will be hanging on to it.

Top Bottom