Mahalo Minnow vs. Makala Dolphin

Mahalo Minnow Vs. Makala Dolphin

• Mahalo Minnow

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UkuleleAdventure

Reaction score
Big mistake in the poll and title. It is the Eddy Finn Minnow not the Mahalo Minnow

I'm purchasing a 6 pack of ukuleles for my aunt's special education class. I was wondering which ukulele has better sound and structure.

Last edited:
I guess it would be hard to say if you haven't played both ukes. I have the dolphin and it is pretty durable in the hands of young ones and they sound great with a set of aquilas.

Isn't it the Eddy Finn Minnow? The Mahalo would be a third option.

I bought a 6-pack of Minnows for kids for Christmas. I've never even seen a Dolphin in person. But from what I read of the Dolphins, and after tuning and playing every one of the Minnows, I'd say go with the Dolphins for sure.

EddyFinn Minnow

I sent my 6pack back, It was their first shipment from China. THEY WERE HORRIBLE !! The were spots where the paint ran and sagged-orange peeled-places missed- bad paint prep with wood blems;sharp edged frets; fishline strings. The one I strung up and tuned was weak and thready sounding. None of them were fit to get a set of Aquilas to see if that made them sound better. They are overpriced, and the cost of shipping is absurd. They pack like they were shipping something worth a lot. It makes it impossible to even break even. No-- this is WORSE than Hawaiian Tourist Grade. Musicians Friend and Music 123 sell the coloured maple Mahalo ukuleles for $21.99 with FREE shipping. Makala has a plastic tub and top. Costs more than Mahalo.

I am a Specialized Education teacher. Best bang for the buck is Mahalo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom