Martin style 3, circa 1930 pops up in my neigbors hands.

cjensen91910

Reaction score
Sitting in the yard playing a little this afternoon and the neighbor came over. Said he had an old Uke and wanted to learn a tune or two. Brought it out and I all most fell over. A Martin style 3 he got from his father. Been in a closet for years. Could not believe it! Told him to put it back away, go to Lo Prinzi's shop and have it checked out and re strung. We played a little on two of mine instead. Did a little search for him and showed him the prices, he could not believe it. What a nice surprise!

Haven't heard from you in a while..you still in the service? wow what a find..does he plan to keep it??
Why don't I get that type of luck...nice story..thanks for sharing..Happy Strummings

Nice neighborhood .

What a great ukulele, and from his dad, to boot!! He should DEFinitely play it!!

No Stan, I am retired Navy. 22 years. The man's family is friends with the Lo Pinzi's, so I told him to go there for maintenance and not to go at himself without advice. He plans on keeping it and passing it to his daughter so it should be in good hands. I did tune it to hear what it sounded like. Sounded pretty good, strings are old and shot but it should be a good player. De tuned it and put it away.

Top Bottom